Why did you start snowbording?

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   Doogerie   On:   Saturday 24/03/2018 @ 10:14 Show Newest First    
Doogerie
Berkshire
  #1  Why did you start snowbording?  Posted 24/03/2018 @ 10:14
i was just wonderng how everyboy got in to snowbording? I am starting becaus i was inspierd by the Olimpics i love the mountines. I was aloso looking for a new sport to try i have prviosly tryed Rowing but I had to give that up due to uh weak hands (nuro musculer problem) Then i tryed fencing my weak hands stoped that too. so I was sitting there watching the olipics seeing these gus and girls doing amazing things on a bord (I will probaly never be THAT good)i liked how they all seemed to be together the styel and how much fun it looked as along time skiier (since I was 4) it seemed like somting i would enjoy so i booked a lesson and we will see how I go i will put up a video of my first lesson (part of it)so you can all laugh at how bad i am.
          Reload  Top
meth mouth
London
  #2  Re: Why did you start snowbording?  Posted 25/03/2018 @ 10:54
In reply to post #1...
Well I've been into many sports since I were a lad, from football, table-tennis to gymnastics and eventually martial arts. I always wanted to go skiing with the school but it was too expensive and lost interest after a while. Then I saw snowboarding on the telly and said to myself "I'm gonna do that one day" and, in March 2007 I went to Bansko and done 3 days snowboarding on my own. I did have a 2 hr lesson booked with fischer who sent a kid in jeans and a woolly jumper, who was more interested in smoking fags and chatting to his mates who were also teaching beginners. I sacked him after an hour and a half and went with my mate that came with me who was a skier and could already get around but after much pain and determination I linked some turns by the end of the day and I was hooked, simple as!
          Reload  Top
kamilaw94
Poland
  #3  Re: Why did you start snowbording?  Posted 28/03/2018 @ 17:05
In reply to post #1...
Hi I have been a sport girl since I was born. The main reason for my sport live is my hometown which is based in the mountains, and the other important reason - my mom who's very active. Cycling, swimming, hiking... etc. I was doing with her everything when I was a child. She has also tought me skiing and I was doing it for almost 15 years! After this time, when I learnt to do it pretty well, I was bored.. It didn't give me that much satifaction which I wanted and of course I wasn't tired while skiing. I needed some adrenaline as well. So then, when I was in high school came first thought - "learn snowbording". I was lucky because the same year in my hometown they opened new ski slope which was about 5 minutes from house! So I started learing.. and first few times was hard, my legs hurt, my butt hurt, I was sweating and it felt so good! When I learnt how to turn right and left I started snowboarding on higher mountains. Anyway now - I have been snowboarding for 4 years now. I have never been taught by any teacher! I'm a self-taught in this sport I'm still not and expert and I'm sweating all the time, but I love it! I could say that my decision to learn this sport was one of my best decisions in my entire life. I don't like much winter, but the one of very few positive things about this time of a year is the fact that I can snowboard again! I have a dream that one day I will go for snowboard in the Alps
          Reload  Top
Flinnster
Surrey
  #4  Re: Why did you start snowbording?  Posted 28/03/2018 @ 22:28
In reply to post #1...
Easy answer! My employer kept refusing me holiday leave each summer due to project deadlines. So I had bags of holiday to use up every winter.
Helped that I was local to Tamworth at the time
For Sale:
- HangTime Snowboard Wall Mounts in black or white colours. £25 including UK postage. Just send me a message, or see the classifieds section!
- Giro Basis Goggles (White frame, black strap, gold flowers design, gold / amber lens) £75. See the classifieds section for photos!
          Reload  Top
Doogerie
Berkshire
  #5  Re: Why did you start snowbording?  Posted 29/03/2018 @ 08:39
In reply to post #3...

QUOTE (kamilaw94 - 28/03/2018 @ 17:05)

I have a dream that one day I will go for snowboard in the Alps

Dude you go to go do that Check out French/Italian border as in my eyes that is the best the alps has to offer.
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- Booking a hoilday
- Mesh in the jacket snow cuff - normal?
- Just Finished Snow Dice for Android
- I had my first lesson yesterday
- Linking my turns - dry slope
- Beginner Board Selection - Again Probably....Sorry!
- Advice on which board to buy, not technically a beginner but its been a while.
- What's your favorite shredding lingo?
- Snowboard binding digging into little toe :(
- alitude sickness
- Very Rare Promo Sims Fader Vivid Video Cassidey Snowboard
- Why did you start snowbording?
- Boots for feet with high arches???
- Looking for Burton Photon BOA boots
- Last Snow Of The Winter
- Tamworth Snowdome 2018 Condition?
- My workout is i good for bording
- Broken BOA coiler
- Capatcha version expiring