Where are you all going in the 2017/18 Season.

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   Stuart   On:   Tuesday 12/09/2017 @ 18:09 Show Newest First    
Stuart
Forum Mod
Kirkcudbrightshire
  #1  Where are you all going in the 2017/18 Season.  Posted 12/09/2017 @ 18:09
I have been away from here for a while after being a regular contributor for many years but hope to get on a bit more now.
My favourite part of the site is resort information and reviews, been lucky enough to have visited over 200 resorts/hills around Europe and North America and love to answer any questions that members may have.

So for my first post in a while I will start by asking what everybody's plans are for the coming season. Where you going or where do you want to go ?

We hope to get to the Scottish areas as and when there is snow. We also have a new area in the Lowther Hills in southern Scotland where funding has just been granted for a new club house on the hill. Check out www.skiclub.lowtherhills.com.

Our main trip to North America is from mid March to early April.
We will be at our old favourites of Red Mountain (Rossland,BC) and Discovery (Philipsburg,Mt) as well as a few days at Banff.
We will also be at Great Divide, Bridger Bowl, Montana Ski Bowl and Lost Trail, Montana.

Over the last 20 years we have been to the following areas- 49 Degrees North(Wa), Timberline and Hood Meadows (Or), Mt Bachelor(Or), Lookout Pass(Id/Mt), Silver Mtn (Id),Big Sky and Moonlight Basin(Mt), Whitefish (Mt),Schweitzer(Id) in the USA.

In Canada - Whistler, Grouse Mt, Big White, Phoenix Mt, Whitewater, Fairmont Hot Springs, Kimberley, Fernie, Panorama, Red Mountain, Fortress Mt, Nakiska, Sunshine, Lake Louise, Norquay, Kicking Horse, Revelstoke, Blue Mountain (Ont),Castle Mtn.

If I can help withanything about those places please ask.
www.smcwilliam.co.uk

smcwilliam smugmug photos.

smcwilliam flickr photos.
          Reload  Top
Flinnster
Surrey
  #2  Re: Where are you all going in the 2017/18 Season.  Posted 12/09/2017 @ 19:34
In reply to post #1...
In reply, same as last season. 2 rules, where it's snowing, and where my riding buddies are
I can't actually answer either of those yet though
For Sale:
- HangTime Snowboard Wall Mounts in black or white colours. £25 including UK postage. Just send me a message, or see the classifieds section!
- Giro Basis Goggles (White frame, black strap, gold flowers design, gold / amber lens) £75. See the classifieds section for photos!
          Reload  Top
russ295
Forum Mod
Tyne & Wear
  #3  Re: Where are you all going in the 2017/18 Season.  Posted 13/09/2017 @ 11:33
In reply to post #2...
Nothing planned yet. Had a measly one week in Andorra this year
It's a nightmare with our daughter still in education (6th form now) as I try to get away with them also, but I could do a month for what it costs for a week in half term!
          Reload  Top
philw
UK - England
  #4  Re: Where are you all going in the 2017/18 Season.  Posted 15/09/2017 @ 10:10
In reply to post #1...
I sold my company so I'll likely have longer on the snow than usual.

It depends where the snow falls, but I have a helicopter booked over xmas/ new year as that's one way to ensure you get to the snow. There's snow somewhere all year: the issue is then only how far you need to fly to get to it, how dry it is, and how deep.

I still run the booking system at Whistler's Powder Mountain Catskiing (a different company):
https://powdermountaincatskiing.com/
so I'll likely ride there a fair bit. Last season I wasted some vertical learning to no-board there, something I think I'll need to do a bit more of, conditions permitting.

Scotland sounds possible; I haven't been since 1996 so I've forgotten how it is.

My mates in SLC may invite me back, and for a change I should go and chase up Martyn D in Park City. Then I quite fancy a drive north from there to Jackson - I've not done that stuff up there. But it all depends on the snow; I suspect those places may be a bit bleak if conditions are off (eg the film Wind River).

I've a few European hard-boot buddies who I'll likely ride with towards the end of the season over there.
(yesterday's news: http://snowboarding.transworld.net/news/r-i-p-jean-nerva-carving-legend/ )
powder mountain   photography    CoC   work   Facts about snowboarding safety
          Reload  Top
PowderPup
Hampshire
  #5  Re: Where are you all going in the 2017/18 Season.  Posted 16/10/2017 @ 18:07
In reply to post #4...
Hope the snow gods are kind to Europe next season as now being largely unemployed/retired (I've not deceided which yet) Im going to be budget conscious so long haul = big bill.

However if Europe does suck may have to reconsider that position. Japan or Utah may be the backup option.
Snowboarding ruined my life
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- Snow chains
- Snowboard Proposal
- What are the Major Reasons Behind the Prevailing Importance of Jewellery
- Need suggestion
- Helmet or not?
- Off boarding Sat 11 November 2017 Castleford
- 6 year old newbie
- Burton step on photon boot uk 7.5 swap for uk 8.
- Guinness snowboard unused whats it worth
- Colorado, which resort?
- Can you help me out!!
- Snowboard boots comfort
- Snowboard boots comfort
- JAPAN Airlines - snowboard carriage/baggage help!?
- Snow mates gathering for 2018 trips, Expanding the network with winter sports!
- Sites for season accomodation Austria
- Labourer's wanted Bulgaria
- Snowboarding in November
- Impact Shorts Sellers UK
- I made a list of ski pass prices 2017/2018 for largest ski resorts in Europe
Get our Newsletter
Your E-mail Address
More Details
Find us on Facebook
© 2001-2017 GONEboarding.co.uk