Whats the deal ... who keeps deleting my posts and then my account??

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   blessani1   On:   Tuesday 15/03/2011 @ 22:32 Show Newest First    
blessani1
  #1  Whats the deal ... who keeps deleting my posts and then my account??  Posted 15/03/2011 @ 22:32
I'm not sure what is going on here, but I've made 2x posts in the video section now and someone has deleted it twice, without PM'ing me to let me know why ...

Now my account has been deleted - so I've had to re-register under another account.

... its really welcoming here
          Reload  Top
wildebeest
Isle of Tiree
  #2  Re: Whats the deal ... who keeps deleting my posts and then my account??  Posted 15/03/2011 @ 22:53
Generally if it looks like spam, reads like spam, it usually is spam.

Quit the hard sell, and you may get on better?

Welcome btw. I've mislaid my poking stick so a welcome will just have to do for now.
          Reload  Top
blessani1
  #3  Re: Whats the deal ... who keeps deleting my posts and then my account??  Posted 16/03/2011 @ 00:00
In reply to post #2...
Eugh, so the post was deleted again What is the point? I searched this forum for ages trying to find some reviews on cameras and gave up because there wasn't any info.

So I went away, researched, and thought I'd share with everyone else (kinda the whole idea of forums).

So, can you please stop deleting the post - it doesn't make any sense?!
          Reload  Top
Wheeler
Canada
  #4  Re: Whats the deal ... who keeps deleting my posts and then my account??  Posted 16/03/2011 @ 06:25
To be fair to you, those camera posts don't actually look like spam to me in my opinion. So I dunno why you had them removed and your account deleted...
          Reload  Top
blessani1
  #5  Re: Whats the deal ... who keeps deleting my posts and then my account??  Posted 16/03/2011 @ 08:47
Revision #2 (Last edited: 16/03/2011 @ 09:04)
In reply to post #4...
Wow, deleted again.

Can someone please explain what the problem is? On any other forum, IF there is an issue, then the mods pm you to at least let you know so that you don't do it again.

My post contained, no external links, no images, no mentions of price or the shop I bought it from. Literally just the name of 4 products in the same price range and the pro's and con's of them.

The video section has no useful information about cameras in the £100 range - even though there are loads of questions. I make a useful - normal - post and some over zealous mod deletes it for fun, how frustrating.

What's the point in a forum if you can't share information?

I'm a keen forum user with post counts of 3k+ on 10s of other sites and I've never had a post deleted. For those that were perhaps interested in my 'spam' then have a look here http://www.goneboarding.co.uk/forum/why-does-no-one-mention-the-kodak-playsport-zx3/threadid/36656/showthread.aspx
          Reload  Top
fatbob
Forum Mod
Nottinghamshire
  #6  Re: Whats the deal ... who keeps deleting my posts and then my account??  Posted 16/03/2011 @ 09:41
In reply to post #5...
The reason it was deleted was because there is already a thread running on the camera and multiple threads are deleted, no matter who makes them.

In terms of the initial postings. The initial early postings were discussed in the moderators forum when they first appeared. For a first posting it was a very unusual one. No prior involvement in snowboarding discussions just a post with numerous pictures about a camera and how good it was. It is a snowboarding forum after all and a post about how good a camera is and numerous promotional pictures smacks of spam.

Unfortunately you did not get a pm informing you of this as most posts similar to yours are from Chinese bots selling fake gear.
Clicky here to donate to our 9 day LEJOG ride for Christian Aid and Disability Snowsports UK
Use the code LZP12 at Proskins for 10% off and 10% to Christian Aid
Love Snow
The Rider Social Chatel
          Reload  Top
blessani1
  #7  Re: Whats the deal ... who keeps deleting my posts and then my account??  Posted 16/03/2011 @ 14:19
In reply to post #6...
Thanks for the explanation.

In my defence, I did post in the Videography section and I was only being thorough!

Would you mind un-hiding the thread ...

http://www.goneboarding.co.uk/forum/why-does-no-one-mention-the-kodak-playsport-zx3/threadid/36656/showthread.aspx

People can view it, but its not listed in the Video section?

Also, could you unban my blessani account?
          Reload  Top
fatbob
Forum Mod
Nottinghamshire
  #8  Re: Whats the deal ... who keeps deleting my posts and then my account??  Posted 16/03/2011 @ 14:30
In reply to post #7...
Weird, it's there but not visible in the forum. Must be a bit of a glitch.

I've unbanned 'blessani' let me know when you've accessed it and I'll make blessani1 inactive.
Clicky here to donate to our 9 day LEJOG ride for Christian Aid and Disability Snowsports UK
Use the code LZP12 at Proskins for 10% off and 10% to Christian Aid
Love Snow
The Rider Social Chatel
          Reload  Top
blessani
  #9  Re: Whats the deal ... who keeps deleting my posts and then my account??  Posted 16/03/2011 @ 14:51
In reply to post #8...
Working now, thanks.
          Reload  Top
TONA
  #11  Re: Whats the deal ... who keeps deleting my posts and then my account??  Posted 16/03/2011 @ 18:26
In reply to post #9...
hello chaps and chapesses

I am a user/mod on another forum where Ben is a regular poster... I can vouch for his good sentiment and very helpful posts... he is a good person to have around.

good work on undeleting his account and although I can see why you might have thought his posts were spam I can assure you that they aren't.

happy boarding

Guy
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- GoPro flat mounts for sale
- Jib board sizing query
- Looking for advice!
- Anyone looking for Snowboard cross training and competition
- Holiday comp
- Feeling low energy
- True Freedom 163 Board
- Epic Pass On Sale
- Package or DIY
- Best board for carving/ charging hard
- Capita Quality??
- buying first gear
- What's my next board after 12 years on a Rome Anthem?
- EasyJet £10 carriage for sports equipment.
- last minute .... les 2 alpes 16-23 March
- Last Minute Powder Trip Junkies!
- Bindings too big? Please help!
- Rear toe overhang on freeride board
- Best ladies beginner board?
- Courchevel off piste snowboard guide recommendations
Get our Newsletter
Your E-mail Address
More Details
Find us on Facebook
© 2001-2019 GONEboarding.co.uk