WARNING! Scam websites selling down jackets.

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   Not Another Hil   On:   Thursday 31/12/2009 @ 14:56 Show Newest First    
Not Another Hil
  #1  WARNING! Scam websites selling down jackets.  Posted 31/12/2009 @ 14:56
Be aware of these 2 websites:

Northfacecoming.com

and

Northfacesaleoulet.com

I have had dealing with the first. They did not send a jacket and are not refunding the cash I paid . The jacket prices are too good to be true. There are no contact details except an email address. I think the goods are fake or merely it is a scam to get your money.

The second website is run (i am fairly sure) by the same people that run/ran the first.

Be very wary.
          Reload  Top
rog-g
Republic of Ireland
  #2  Re: WARNING! Scam websites selling down jackets.  Posted 31/12/2009 @ 15:22
In reply to post #1...
sorry to hear that mate.

there's been a number of sites selling north face gear i reckon have been dodgy - saw another on another forum that looked similar, which was set up in china. if you click on the live help thing it all comes up in chinese. i reckon at best you'd be buying fake gear.

if you're buying high priced label gear, best to stick to well know and trusted outlets i reckon.
          Reload  Top
fatbob
Forum Mod
Nottinghamshire
  #3  Re: WARNING! Scam websites selling down jackets.  Posted 31/12/2009 @ 15:23
Always worth checking on nominet if you're not sure as that will bring up details of the websites owner and location.
Clicky here to donate to our 9 day LEJOG ride for Christian Aid and Disability Snowsports UK
Use the code LZP12 at Proskins for 10% off and 10% to Christian Aid
Love Snow
The Rider Social Chatel
          Reload  Top
KingKarl
Norfolk
  #4  Re: WARNING! Scam websites selling down jackets.  Posted 31/12/2009 @ 19:36
Northfacecoming.com

Funny how it looks like UK based but whois.net is showing US address for Admin and China for all other Addresses.

Im asuming that other should be http://www.northfacesaleoutlet.com also china and both dated October 2009!
Still Loving my Nidecker Platinum
Karl Goldsmith
Biofuels The Myths and Lies! Food Crisis - What a bloody surprise.
I Want Those Flashing Lights
          Reload  Top
bar shaker
UK - England
  #5  Re: WARNING! Scam websites selling down jackets.  Posted 02/01/2010 @ 10:09
If something looks too good to be true it normally is.

Contact your credit card provider for a refund.
          Reload  Top
lemond75
  #6  Re: WARNING! Scam websites selling down jackets.  Posted 05/01/2010 @ 14:10
In reply to post #5...
I may have just fallen foul to them as well. My wife ordered me a North Face coat similar to the Ice jacket which was in the sale at £120. To be fair, the prices didn''t seem as ridiculously cheap as some I had heard about (£79.00 for a North Face Down jacket) and the websit does sayt that their stock may be from previous years.

However, when the jacket did arrive; from China, which was a surprise as I too thought that it was a UK site, it looks pretty Mickey Mouse to me. The material is a bit too lightweight, the finishing is a bit untidy, and more importantly it doesn't look like it will be very warm as it is much lighter than legit North Face Jackets I had tried.

I've emailed them asking for a return address and have contacted PayPal to say that I am going to pursue a refund. Worryingly, PayPal said that I can't do anything yet and I also reckon that it might cost me £30 to send it back to China.

Wish I'd googled northfacecoming.com before ordering. Someone on another forum was told be northfacecoming to ebay their jacket as it would be cheaper than sending it back for a refund.

Crooks? We'll wait and see how and when they respond but I'm not hopeful.
          Reload  Top
slinkyste
  #7  Re: WARNING! Scam websites selling down jackets.  Posted 10/02/2010 @ 15:57
In reply to post #6...
Hi, I can beat that.
My wife ordered a jacket just before xmas last year for my son, but somehow the order didnt go through properly and she wasnt given a order number BUT the payment was taken. On her bank statement the amount is taken from "WWW.INTHEGO.COM".
I have emailed and emailed with very little success as all they say is that I need my order number before they could send out jacket, I have even replied with a screenshot of the bank transaction and a mail from them saying they have a transaction.
I am very annoyed with this site,

so please everyone stay away.....
and as I told my wife...if it seems to good to be true then it is!!

Regards
Ste
          Reload  Top
mea00csf
West Yorkshire
  #8  Re: WARNING! Scam websites selling down jackets.  Posted 10/02/2010 @ 20:21
In reply to post #4...

QUOTE (KingKarl - 31/12/2009 @ 19:36)

Northfacecoming.com

Funny how it looks like UK based but whois.net is showing US address for Admin and China for all other Addresses.

Im asuming that other should be http://www.northfacesaleoutlet.com also china and both dated October 2009!

If you're at all dubious about a site selling north face, contact north face about it. I emailed north face through their site about the northfacesaleoutlet and had an email within 7 days comfirming that they were selling counterfeit and that they were now taking legal proceedings against the site to close it down.
I guess the problem is that as soon as they get one closed another opens, but they are genuinely interested in persuing counterfeit sites, particularly ones which show up high on search engines when you type things like "north face" in.
www.bicycletourist.weebly.com
          Reload  Top
KingKarl
Norfolk
  #9  Re: WARNING! Scam websites selling down jackets.  Posted 10/02/2010 @ 21:08
Revision #1 (Last edited: 10/02/2010 @ 21:09)
In reply to post #8...
See the problem is if they could do anything then they would. It's not difficult for them to Google sites, to find fakes. But try to shut down Chinese sites.
Still Loving my Nidecker Platinum
Karl Goldsmith
Biofuels The Myths and Lies! Food Crisis - What a bloody surprise.
I Want Those Flashing Lights
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
  Featured Websites
  TheSnowboardAsylum : The Snowboard Asylum – The UK’s largest range of snowboard hardware and outerwear, from brands including Burton, YES, Bataleon, Jones, Slash and loads more.
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- What length snowboard for me? Short and fat!
- Helmet or not?
- Newbie Learning
- What do boarders want in a jacket?
- Help choosing equipment
- Special Holiday Offers for GBers - Regularly updated
- Anyone from Plymouth on here
- Bigger park at Hemel for 1 day freestyle camp with Onyx Snowboarding
- Knee Support
- Forum boots have no grip!
- looking for boarding mates (scotland)
- Boarding buddies in Scotland required
- posture problem
- 148 or 151 snowboard size!?
- The Ramp Project - Sponsored by Snowflex.
- Driving to France - Closest resorts
- Nexus Snowboarding and Ski Camps
- quick trip to tignes Nov 10th
- RK Heli Ski 2014
- Are you Looking for new mates to go away with next year? Or looking to add some to your trip?
Get our Newsletter
Your E-mail Address
More Details
Find us on Facebook
© 2001-2014 GONEboarding.co.uk