Values&Voices. Athletes as advocates for pro-environmental behavior - A research project

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   SoHo   On:   Tuesday 28/08/2018 @ 12:18 Show Newest First    
SoHo
Germany
  #2  Values&Voices. Athletes as advocates for pro-environmental behavior - A research project  Posted 28/08/2018 @ 12:18
Dear friends of snow, action, and nature

I am a graduate student at an Austrian university and currently I am researching the influence of athletes on pro-environmental behavior. I am studying athletes as advocates for environmentally friendly behavior and how they can influence their audience. I am cooperating with the non-profit Organization Protect Our Winters (protectourwinters.org).

For this project, I questioned mainly winter sports athletes who are actively engaging in environmentally protective organizations and act as environmental advocates. learn more

As I want to study the athletes' audiences as well I am looking for the support of winter sports communities. How can you help me out?

If you know on of the following athletes you can take my online survey and help me making this project a great success.

List of athletes: Caroline Gleich, Brody Leven, Michelle Parker, Clare Gallagher, Alberto Rondina, Kerstin Kögler, Sebastian Gutmann, Johannes Pistrol, Sylvia Leimgruber, Lukas Kaufmann, Stefan Ager, Johanna Bogner

Recognized anyone? click here
          Reload  Top
PowderPup
Hampshire
  #3  Re: Values&Voices. Athletes as advocates for pro-environmental behavior - A research project  Posted 31/08/2018 @ 11:41
In reply to post #2...
Well to help with Climate change/Global warming Germany could and should reverse the decision to retire perfectly good Nuclear power stations then it 'Might' stand a chance of meeting it's CO2 targets.

There again it would be labeled a 'Bad Environmetalist' by those Green do gooder's that would rather see the planet burn than use 'Atomkraft'
Snowboarding ruined my life
          Reload  Top
SoHo
Germany
  #4  Re: Values&Voices. Athletes as advocates for pro-environmental behavior - A research project  Posted 04/09/2018 @ 18:11
In reply to post #3...
I agree that political decisions have a great impact on the environment! I just have the feeling that decisions as such you are talking about haven't been thought through on a longterm basis. Honestly, I don't know why, but I can imagine that it is due to the fact that politics are torn between promoting their party and trying to steer a country...

But yeah... there is not much more I can tell, besides that I am not happy about the current development.
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- Idea! Trip for peopele with passion
- Pennsylvania snowboarding
- Niseko, Japan - looking to organise a cheap trip for anyone interested!
- numb toes
- What is my snowboard worth?
- Japan, Furano, Feb 24th
- This week I did this to my kit!
- Est footbed
- Cartel or malavita?
- HOLY SH1T IT'S BACK!! :)
- Canada Road Trip 2019
- SWISS Air baggage allowance.
- Bourg Vs Les Arcs
- Best board for carving/ charging hard
- Package or DIY