Tech team

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   daywalker   On:   Thursday 10/12/2009 @ 10:42 Show Newest First    
fatbob
Forum Mod
Nottinghamshire
  #16  Re: Tech team  Posted 11/12/2009 @ 20:44
Good idea in principal, but it's got several issues stopping it.

Firstly, those in the 'team' would have to give up some of their time to answer the questions. As a moderator, I don't get to post as much as I did in the past as I'm reading everyone's drivel ( :lol2, so it could detract from someone's use and enjoyment of the site.

Secondly, although some may give unbiased information, some associated with shops will push what they sell, as we've seen with some shop owners in the past.

Thirdly, the 'Gear Guides' are currently over looked, hence why we still see all the what board/what length questions.
Clicky here to donate to our 9 day LEJOG ride for Christian Aid and Disability Snowsports UK
Use the code LZP12 at Proskins for 10% off and 10% to Christian Aid
Love Snow
The Rider Social Chatel
          Reload  Top
daywalker
London
  #17  Re: Tech team  Posted 13/12/2009 @ 22:13
In reply to post #16...

QUOTE (fatbob - 11/12/2009 @ 20:44)

Good idea in principal, but it's got several issues stopping it.

Firstly, those in the 'team' would have to give up some of their time to answer the questions. As a moderator, I don't get to post as much as I did in the past as I'm reading everyone's drivel ( :lol2, so it could detract from someone's use and enjoyment of the site.

Secondly, although some may give unbiased information, some associated with shops will push what they sell, as we've seen with some shop owners in the past.

Thirdly, the 'Gear Guides' are currently over looked, hence why we still see all the what board/what length questions.

i was thinking of more "putting your mind at rest" kinds of questions.....rather than the same old "what board etc.."

i mean the other day i was in the middel of adjusting my bindings and there was somehting i was not sure of? so i asked advice befroe completing the set up.... im not gonna find that in a gear guide am i pete..

of course i see you pint on the other subjects though.

Andy

I do NOT fear Death - I fear not living..........er.........and small people with very large hands!

www.britishbushido.wix.com/bca-uk
          Reload  Top
wildebeest
Isle of Tiree
  #18  Re: Tech team  Posted 13/12/2009 @ 22:15
In reply to post #17...

QUOTE (daywalker - 13/12/2009 @ 22:13)

i mean the other day i was in the middel of adjusting my bindings and there was somehting i was not sure of? so i asked advice befroe completing the set up.... im not gonna find that in a gear guide am i pete..

Put your feet in first, then tighten. Any good?
www.neversummer.com
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- GoPro flat mounts for sale
- Jib board sizing query
- Looking for advice!
- Anyone looking for Snowboard cross training and competition
- Holiday comp
- Feeling low energy
- True Freedom 163 Board
- Epic Pass On Sale
- Package or DIY
- Best board for carving/ charging hard
- Capita Quality??
- buying first gear
- What's my next board after 12 years on a Rome Anthem?
- EasyJet £10 carriage for sports equipment.
- last minute .... les 2 alpes 16-23 March
- Last Minute Powder Trip Junkies!
- Bindings too big? Please help!
- Rear toe overhang on freeride board
- Best ladies beginner board?
- Courchevel off piste snowboard guide recommendations
Get our Newsletter
Your E-mail Address
More Details
Find us on Facebook
© 2001-2019 GONEboarding.co.uk