SWISS Air baggage allowance.

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   jaz5100   On:   Friday 26/10/2018 @ 13:17 Show Newest First    
jaz5100
West Sussex
  #2  SWISS Air baggage allowance.  Posted 26/10/2018 @ 13:17
Hi guys and girls,

It’s my first post here and hopefully some of you may be able to help me.

I’m travelling from Gatwick to Geneva with Swiss early next year and I’m a little confused about there baggage allowances. I get that I can take my board and bits for free, however has anyone packed only in a board bag. As in I have a roller board bag and can easily fit a weeks worth of bits in it when combined with a rucksack.

However Swiss are saying I need to take a primary piece of luggage in the hold. Seems a little silly that they want me to take up more hold space than actually required. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks all
Jamie
          Reload  Top
Flinnster
Surrey
  #3  Re: SWISS Air baggage allowance.  Posted 26/10/2018 @ 19:02
In reply to post #2...
Nope that sounds wierd. I always thought Swiss actually ran good promo offers for wintersports baggage, ie. you could get that stuff included with your ticket for no extra fee, unlike most airlines. Best to talk to them directly I'd say (not just read the blurb on the website).
For Sale:
- HangTime Snowboard Wall Mounts in black or white colours. £25 including UK postage. Just send me a message, or see the classifieds section!
- Giro Basis Goggles (White frame, black strap, gold flowers design, gold / amber lens) £75. See the classifieds section for photos!
          Reload  Top
jaz5100
West Sussex
  #4  Re: SWISS Air baggage allowance.  Posted 27/10/2018 @ 13:45
Revision #1 (Last edited: 27/10/2018 @ 13:46)
Thanks for that, nice to know I’m not the only one who thinks it’s a little odd. I’m not off til February half term so will call customer service after Xmas.
          Reload  Top
Flinnster
Surrey
  #5  Re: SWISS Air baggage allowance.  Posted 31/10/2018 @ 02:54
Revision #1 (Last edited: 31/10/2018 @ 02:55)
In reply to post #4...
On top of this, I've actually done a trip where we crammed 2 sets of gear and all clothes etc.. for two people for a 10 day trip into a single board bag - pretty sure no other luggage was involved
For Sale:
- HangTime Snowboard Wall Mounts in black or white colours. £25 including UK postage. Just send me a message, or see the classifieds section!
- Giro Basis Goggles (White frame, black strap, gold flowers design, gold / amber lens) £75. See the classifieds section for photos!
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- Idea! Trip for peopele with passion
- Pennsylvania snowboarding
- Niseko, Japan - looking to organise a cheap trip for anyone interested!
- numb toes
- What is my snowboard worth?
- Japan, Furano, Feb 24th
- This week I did this to my kit!
- Est footbed
- Cartel or malavita?
- HOLY SH1T IT'S BACK!! :)
- Canada Road Trip 2019
- SWISS Air baggage allowance.
- Bourg Vs Les Arcs
- Best board for carving/ charging hard
- Package or DIY