Snowboarding in November

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   tiffany361   On:   Tuesday 05/09/2017 @ 08:28 Show Newest First    
tiffany361
  #2  Snowboarding in November  Posted 05/09/2017 @ 08:28
Hi Looking for advice for me and my boyfriend going boarding sometime november. We are based in Scotland and looking for somehwere that isnt going to break the bank but have decent enough snowboarding for both intermediate boarders. We will be taking our own equipment. Thanks for any input
          Reload  Top
russ295
Forum Mod
Tyne & Wear
  #3  Re: Snowboarding in November  Posted 05/09/2017 @ 16:31
In reply to post #2...
Most resorts don't open till mid December. Unless its glacial but it's going to cost!
          Reload  Top
meth mouth
London
  #4  Re: Snowboarding in November  Posted 05/09/2017 @ 22:32
In reply to post #2...
This is your best bet for November snowboarding!
          Reload  Top
Barry1864
  #5  Re: Snowboarding in November  Posted 05/09/2017 @ 22:49
In reply to post #2...
Check these guys out. Not as cheap as they used to be but worth heading out there for a short pre season break

http://mountainsunltd.com/specialoffers/autumn-ski-board-camp-tignes/

Everything is included except flights to geneva which you need to sort yourself. They will even loan you gear if you cant be bothered taking your own.

Ignore the "camp" part of the detailing, its not a camp, its a hotel, cheap deal, do what you want, ride as much as you like with whoever you like place. They drop you at tignes val claret every morning and pick you up when the lifts close or when you call them to come get you.

I've been here about 5 times over the years each time in october or november. Sometimes the snow is amazing, powder city and they will open more lifts, sometimes it can be not so great and only the glacier is open. Either way its snow and an early fix before a later season shred.

If you can't find a return flight to match the last day of the hol just pick up a cheap bnb in Geneva (Ferney-voltaire kind of region around the airport). They don't cost too much. Again, I've done this many times myself.

Other options would be zermat but can be pricey, or maybe val thorens, which opens 18 Nov this year, snow permitting
          Reload  Top
philw
UK - England
  #6  Re: Snowboarding in November  Posted 07/09/2017 @ 16:44
In reply to post #5...
Two users who both signed up then immediately found this thread and posted to it.
Both user names coincidentally end in numbers.
The two pairs of events were almost precisely 24 hours apart.

It looks a lot like you're a marketing person.

Please tell me this is all coincidence.
powder mountain   photography    CoC   work   Facts about snowboarding safety
          Reload  Top
russ295
Forum Mod
Tyne & Wear
  #7  Re: Snowboarding in November  Posted 07/09/2017 @ 17:02
In reply to post #6...
I thought the same thing Phil, but they've done nothing wrong so I'll give them a chance.
          Reload  Top
philw
UK - England
  #8  Re: Snowboarding in November  Posted 08/09/2017 @ 09:25
In reply to post #7...
Aye, I think it's good to leave it there so they can either confess or put me right.

They're lucky that I was busy, or I'd have pulled their company accounts, directors' home addresses, financial records and a few other easily available bits and pieces and published those.

I hate being taken for a sucker.
--

I've snowboarded in November but not since the start of the season moved later these last years.

These days you need to board in May instead - the snow comes later, stays longer. I was riding in Austria in May this season. My advice to people would be to look around and find the best deals when you need to go - there's never any problem getting a place to stay at the ends of the season as there's no one there except you.

And ski resorts in November (or May for that matter) aren't always particularly inviting. Most places will be closed or not really working. You're generally better finding somewhere with a real town as your chances of finding bars and food are better. You will likely need a glacier of course - but there are plenty of them, and they're easy to drive up to at the ends of the season.
powder mountain   photography    CoC   work   Facts about snowboarding safety
          Reload  Top
Barry1864
  #9  Re: Snowboarding in November  Posted 08/09/2017 @ 13:28
Revision #1 (Last edited: 08/09/2017 @ 13:32)
In reply to post #6...
I am not a marketing scam and to be honest I don't appreciate your comments given that I have tried to offer someone some helpful advice to a query they had.

Yes I have only just signed up to this forum and yes that was my first post. I read the op and was able to assist so I signed up with the intention of doing so.

Not that I makes a difference but I do happen to be a long posting member on another snowboard forum, of which you are also a member, I just happen to post under a different user name over there.

With those comments like that (and comments people post on other forums in response to helpfulness) it's no surprise that places such as this are dying off.

I am in no way, any shape or form connected to the business I have mentioned with the exception of having visited on 5 occasions, as a paying customer..
          Reload  Top
russ295
Forum Mod
Tyne & Wear
  #10  Re: Snowboarding in November  Posted 08/09/2017 @ 13:43
In reply to post #9...
Thanks for clearing that up and welcome.
It's probably been the timing that sparked my suspicion (and Phil's), we do get lots and lots of first post questions, then a first post reply with links to websites.
Unfortunately this and other forums are very quiet, Facebook, twitter, etc have taken their toll on places like this.
Hope you continue to pop in now and then.
          Reload  Top
Barry1864
  #11  Re: Snowboarding in November  Posted 08/09/2017 @ 13:53
In reply to post #10...
Thanks Russ, appreciate it.

I've seen many of the scam posts on here over the years and understand how annoying/disruptive they can be. A long term riding buddy of mine used to be a mod on here and I know how much time/effort he put in deleting the kitchen emails a few years back.

Any how, let's get back on topic..
          Reload  Top
russ295
Forum Mod
Tyne & Wear
  #12  Re: Snowboarding in November  Posted 08/09/2017 @ 16:12
In reply to post #11...
Spent a fair bit of time myself deleting accounts during the kitchen episode!
Back to riding in November......
I'd wait till the resorts open properly and see where has snow.
          Reload  Top
Slowboarder
France
  #13  Re: Snowboarding in November  Posted 10/09/2017 @ 15:25
Revision #2 (Last edited: 10/09/2017 @ 17:29)
In reply to post #2...
Typing this in Tignes, where we live so .........

Head somewhere high like Tignes which has a glacier or somewhere similar.
If you can wait until Sat 25 November then that's when officially a lot more of the area opens up and it's most likely that there will have been a reasonable amount of snow down to resort level. Before then, it's the glacier area although the cable car may not be open as the cables are being replaced at the mo. With enough snow and cold temps for the cannons, the Double M piste can open up to get back down to the resort.

Snow levels are just down to what weather systems prevail and for me personally I much prefer the cold drier powder of Nov/Dec over late season snow but there hasn't been a great deal of early season snow over the last few years.
Having said that, it's pretty cool at the mo and we've already had 2 snowfalls in September. Other than at very high altitude on the glacier though that fallen snow soon disappears.

MountainSun are based up the road from us and are very popular for the reasons mentioned earlier especially if combined with cheap flights.

I've stuck up a post about a snowboard testing w/e in Tignes too.
          Reload  Top
Slowboarder
France
  #14  Re: Snowboarding in November  Posted 10/09/2017 @ 15:39
Related to this, if anyone wants a weekend of snowboard testing and evening fun in Tignes on Nov 11/12:
http://en.tignes.net/what-to-see-do/news/rock-on-snowboard-tour

Last season it dumped over a metre of snow over 2 days before the event which delayed the lift opening, but with cold temps and blue skies on the day, I managed to test out some shiny new powder boards. Glacier to resort was open so over 1200m of vertical.
Note that it did not snow again really until late December.......so we may have been very lucky with that one big dump! A great evening vibe too with organised events/meal.
The testing was free. 1-2 day lift passes were discounted as part of the event.

(Official site for other resorts: http://www.rockonsnowboardtour.com/ although that's still showing last season's details.)

I'm posting this up so that the event remains a success and .........erm......I get to play with the new toys every November!

I don't get anything for promoting Tignes sadly
          Reload  Top
winterfunman
Lincolnshire
  #15  Re: Snowboarding in November  Posted 11/09/2017 @ 19:06
In reply to post #6...
THAT russ guy ends in numbers toooooooo shady guy I reckon
we r only here for a short time , live life to the full every day

BANSKO Apartment deals see below:

http://www.alexander-apartment-bansko.com

info@alexander-apartment-bansko.com
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- Burton Restricted Whammy Bar Marley Snowboard
- What's the best gimbal to use?
- Butters
- I made a list of ski pass prices 2017/2018 for largest ski resorts in Europe
- Airport Transfers drivers wanted
- Please help me identify the brand of these bindings!
- Where are you all going in the 2017/18 Season.
- 2014/2015 Season Stoke!
- Snowboarding in November
- Need new snowboarding friends
- Advice please!
- flow step in bindings in powder
- Bad days riding
- Snowboarding gear on ebay!
- a cheap holiday
- Ultra lightweight anorak/shells
- Snowboard lessons in Val Thoren
- First snowboard boots. Huge feet. What's available?
- JAPAN 2018 - ABS bags vs Jetforce, electric vs gas avi bags?/?
- Discount codes - anyone help a brother out???? Snow and rock would be awesome?
Get our Newsletter
Your E-mail Address
More Details
Find us on Facebook
© 2001-2017 GONEboarding.co.uk