Snowboard Binding Survey

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   Dio   On:   Thursday 27/09/2018 @ 09:43 Show Newest First    
Dio
  #2  Snowboard Binding Survey  Posted 27/09/2018 @ 09:43
Hi everyone,

I'm a skier, but I decided to try snowboarding last year and really enjoyed it. My only complaint was that the bindings were super annoying to keep taking on and off, and it slowed down my whole experience. Skiing felt a lot more efficient. This year I'm taking a design tech course and I wanted to design some type of fix for snowboard bindings to make them easier to take off and put on. I have a few ideas, but it would really help if some of you filled out this survey!

https://goo.gl/forms/pfojrGpFhPSqoJWt1
          Reload  Top
Slowboarder
France
  #3  Re: Snowboard Binding Survey  Posted 27/09/2018 @ 11:58
Revision #2 (Last edited: 28/09/2018 @ 09:36)
In reply to post #2...
Did you try any of the existing step-in binding systems?
Flow, Burton Step-on etc. and also look at some of the previous systems that existed and are no longer made - Clickers, Burton Step-ins etc. for design ideas

For me, I'm not fussed about a few extra seconds on strapping in, it's more about the feel and performance of the boot/binding combination and of course the overall cost of the package.
          Reload  Top
tombolton82
France
  #4  Re: Snowboard Binding Survey  Posted 28/09/2018 @ 06:34
In reply to post #2...
There have been other types in the past and I think burton (maybe burton?!) have reintroduced step in bindings.

Personally I’ve never had an issue with traditional bindings. I can understand that as a beginner they can be fiddly and the whole sitting down and having to roll around onto your knees whilst struggling to fasten or unfasten your bindings isn’t exactly very glamourous or fun, you get use to it.

I rarely sit or kneel down to fasten or unfasten and will just do it on the move.

Totally understand your perspective going from a skier to a boarder, especially if you’re an experienced skier. I’m both so I understand where you’re coming from. It’s just a thing that most people get use to with time
www.3valleyvans.com Airport transfers to the 3 Valleys from Geneva, Lyon, Grenoble and Chambery. 10% discount for forum members enter GB10
          Reload  Top
russ295
Forum Mod
Tyne & Wear
  #5  Re: Snowboard Binding Survey  Posted 29/09/2018 @ 16:21
In reply to post #4...
Ditto,

I just strap in standing up, unless its steep and then I sit down taking in the view!
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- The North Face Free Thinker, Summit Series Gore Tex Pro Shell, Recco
- GNU asym B-nice 2019 vs Capita Space Metal Fantasy 2019
- FOR SALE: Zardoz NOTwax Base Boost / Base Lubricant
- which maps do you use?
- 2014/2015 Season Stoke!
- Why did you start snowbording?
- 2 spots available - Val Thorens 19-26th Jan 2019
- Looking for a good jacket to keep me warm on the slopes
- Chooseing a new boot
- pants: insulated or shell?
- Celtek Mittens - Can you help me?!
- snowboarding problems
- Package or DIY
- HOLY SH1T IT'S BACK!! :)
- Snowboard product survey.
- Idea! Trip for peopele with passion
- Pennsylvania snowboarding
- Niseko, Japan - looking to organise a cheap trip for anyone interested!
- numb toes
- What is my snowboard worth?
Get our Newsletter
Your E-mail Address
More Details
Find us on Facebook
© 2001-2018 GONEboarding.co.uk