Snowboard binding digging into little toe :(

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   adamthwaites   On:   Wednesday 28/03/2018 @ 17:06 Show Newest First    
adamthwaites
  #2  Snowboard binding digging into little toe :(  Posted 28/03/2018 @ 17:06
Hi, I've been on 3 boarding holidays now, the first 2 with rental gear, and this year I've brought my own. Every year I've had the same issue which I hoped would be resolved when I brought my own stuff, but unfortunately not.

I like my bindings super tight so any movement with my feet is transferred straight to the board, and subsequently with my RH foot (I ride regular) I find that the binding digs into my little toe. The boots are the right size for me and fit the rest of my feet perfectly, but there is a little wiggle room round the toes which I'm trying to stop with the bindings. It doesn't matter what setting I have the bindings on as if adjusted shorter or longer they just dig in slightly higher or lower around my toe.

Has anyone experienced the same issue, or does anyone know of anything that can be done to get around the problem?

Thanks, Adam

Reload  Top
recon
  #3  Re: Snowboard binding digging into little toe :(  Posted 05/04/2018 @ 21:46
Revision #1 (Last edited: 07/04/2018 @ 00:36)
In reply to post #2...
The toe strap is adjusted wrong as the ratchet is bottomed out .
Both sides of the toe straps have fore and rear positions usually so thats a option .

Saying your boots are the best fit with your ride time experience may be part of the issue .
With well fitted boots you never need to overtighten straps .
          Reload  Top
Kuan
Hong Kong
  #4  Re: Snowboard binding digging into little toe :(  Posted 09/05/2018 @ 14:02
Revision #1 (Last edited: 09/05/2018 @ 14:04)
In reply to post #3...
          Reload  Top
Kuan
Hong Kong
  #5  Re: Snowboard binding digging into little toe :(  Posted 09/05/2018 @ 14:08
Revision #1 (Last edited: 09/05/2018 @ 14:08)
In reply to post #3...
The toe strap is adjusted wrong as the ratchet is bottomed out .
Both sides of the toe straps have fore and rear positions usually so thats a option .

Saying your boots are the best fit with your ride time experience may be part of the issue .

QUOTE (recon - 05/04/2018 @ 21:46)

With well fitted boots you never need to overtighten straps .

This.

Reading the OP, if it is only happening on one side then I would go with the above advice first.

After that I would compare other settings on the bindings. Although I have to say that some boots just don't fit well with some bindings, in which case both side would have the same issue.
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- Best board for carving/ charging hard
- test
- Lib Tech Skate Banana sizing
- New members.
- Why did you start snowbording?
- Snowboard binding digging into little toe :(
- Tips for beginner snowboarders
- Booking a hoilday
- Mesh in the jacket snow cuff - normal?
- Just Finished Snow Dice for Android
- I had my first lesson yesterday
- Linking my turns - dry slope
- Beginner Board Selection - Again Probably....Sorry!
- Advice on which board to buy, not technically a beginner but its been a while.
- What's your favorite shredding lingo?
- alitude sickness
- Very Rare Promo Sims Fader Vivid Video Cassidey Snowboard
- Boots for feet with high arches???
- Looking for Burton Photon BOA boots
- Last Snow Of The Winter
Get our Newsletter
Your E-mail Address
More Details
Find us on Facebook
© 2001-2018 GONEboarding.co.uk