Shallow cut on board, need repaired?

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   Jaso151   On:   Tuesday 11/04/2017 @ 10:51 Show Newest First    
Jaso151
Fife
  #1  Shallow cut on board, need repaired?  Posted 11/04/2017 @ 10:51
Hi all,

I recently bought a morrow mountain board and have taken it to an indoor slope (real snow) for a few runs.

This weekend after I finished, I noticed a cut down the base (no idea what has done it, very annoyed), it's roughly a millimetre deep at its deepest and just a small scratch at other points, it runs roughly half the board from the tail to the centre and down the middle of the board.

At this point I only see cosmetic wear but I like to keep my gear in good shape so it lasts, is this something that I should get repaired incase it becomes a problem later? Don't want my board not even lasting before the season has started
          Reload  Top
oldgit
Hampshire
  #2  Re: Shallow cut on board, need repaired?  Posted 11/04/2017 @ 12:32
In reply to post #1...
Always annoying when your new board gets cut-up. However, the damage you describe is unlikely to be anything other than cosmetic.

I suspect the base is 'extruded' which is quite soft and easily marked or gouged. On the plus side, extruded bases are easy to repair so if you really feel like spending the money take it to a good shop to have the cut filled. If the base is a pretty colour don't expect the repair to match. It is usually done in black or clear. Probably cosy you about £25-30.

If you are competent at fixing things, then you could have a go yourself with a Ptex candle. That would be my choice.
          Reload  Top
Jaso151
Fife
  #3  Re: Shallow cut on board, need repaired?  Posted 11/04/2017 @ 15:37
In reply to post #2...
Thanks for the reply, I assumed it would be cosmetic but thought I'd seek advice incase

I admit I expected it to be cheaper for a repair but I guess that's a bit of naievity on my part.

I think I'll hold out on any repairs for now but may look at maybe a ptex candle

Thanks again!
          Reload  Top
Flinnster
Surrey
  #4  Re: Shallow cut on board, need repaired?  Posted 12/04/2017 @ 00:50
In reply to post #3...
Try and get some good photos and post them up here for all to see. Then we can give you better help. If you can't see any white core material under the ptex, you'll probably be fine
For Sale:
- HangTime Snowboard Wall Mounts in black or white colours. £25 including UK postage. Just send me a message, or see the classifieds section!
- Giro Basis Goggles (White frame, black strap, gold flowers design, gold / amber lens) £75. See the classifieds section for photos!
          Reload  Top
Flinnster
Surrey
  #5  Re: Shallow cut on board, need repaired?  Posted 12/04/2017 @ 00:51
In reply to post #4...
Bet it's not as bad as mine anyway...

For Sale:
- HangTime Snowboard Wall Mounts in black or white colours. £25 including UK postage. Just send me a message, or see the classifieds section!
- Giro Basis Goggles (White frame, black strap, gold flowers design, gold / amber lens) £75. See the classifieds section for photos!
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- Special Holiday Offers for GBers - Regularly updated
- Passion Forge - Rent and stay with those who share your passion
- Reaching out to the snowboarding bloggers community
- Les Deux Alpes/L2A. Summer riding 2017? Park riding - worth it?
- Petite/Short womens trousers
- Need new snowboarding friends
- Help me pick a begginner snowboard gear
- Snowbombing 2017 alone ??!?!?!
- Japan
- Snowskool or Peak Leaders....
- How to Snowboard
- Powder Powder
- Purchasing new board - sizing concerns
- Shallow cut on board, need repaired?
- Snow dome for teeside?
- Bindings: Burton Custom vs K2 Indy