Quiet resorts in March (europe)

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   GaleKast   On:   Saturday 06/01/2018 @ 10:31 Show Newest First    
GaleKast
  #1  Quiet resorts in March? (europe)  Posted 06/01/2018 @ 10:31
Revision #1 (Last edited: 06/01/2018 @ 13:10)
Hi all, me and my girlfriend have spent the past 2 years heading to Isola 2000 in March just after the holidays have ended and it has been gloriously quiet as we are still both relatively new to snowboarding. We have both booked 3rd-10th March off this year with the intention of trying somewhere new but have discovered the French half term is still in effect in one region.

We were planning to head to Les 2 Alpes but we are now having second thoughts and wondering if it will just be crazy busy at that time of year. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how busy it could be around that time of the year and any alternatives that aren't stupidly expensive or overly complex to get to. (We have been using the snowtrex website to book stuff in the past and would like to continue to do so as the deals seem good).

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Quite happy to go elsewhere in Europe as long as there is a good variety of green and blue runs and we don't have to rely on drag lifts!

Thanks
          Reload  Top
gyro247
West Yorkshire
  #2  Re: Quiet resorts in March? (europe)  Posted 10/01/2018 @ 15:14
In reply to post #1...
I personally would avoid France, expensive and crowded....and people in lift queues in bad moods, crap lifties, exceptionally poor service......I don't like riding in France.

Pila Italy has about 70k of piste, easy to navigate, very mellow runs and when we went last year was deserted. We never queued for a single lift. It's also very cheep for food and drink on the mountain.
          Reload  Top
GaleKast
  #3  Re: Quiet resorts in March? (europe)  Posted 10/01/2018 @ 19:46
In reply to post #2...
Ah thank you, I will check that place out and see what everyone thinks thank you for the help!
          Reload  Top
Flinnster
Surrey
  #4  Re: Quiet resorts in March? (europe)  Posted 12/01/2018 @ 01:34
In reply to post #1...
Isola is still a hidden gem for me. I'd love to go back

Do the french authorities still run 2E buses from Nice airport up to the resort?
For Sale:
- HangTime Snowboard Wall Mounts in black or white colours. £25 including UK postage. Just send me a message, or see the classifieds section!
- Giro Basis Goggles (White frame, black strap, gold flowers design, gold / amber lens) £75. See the classifieds section for photos!
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- Advice on snowboard edge / topsheet
- Car with room for 2 heading out to the Alps! - Friday 26th Jan
- Celtek Mittens - Can you help me?!
- Need local buddies! (Rossendale/Chillfactore)
- What did I just buy, hugh?
- Women's bindings - Now Vetta v Burton Lexa
- Boarding Buddy
- Boots for feet with high arches???
- Snowbombing 2018? Anyone going alone?
- Austria-Mayrhofen 10th March, Intermediate Boarder looking a few buddies
- Heading to Mayrhofen Austria, 10th March, 1 Week Boarding, Anyone About
- First Session of the Season!
- Quiet resorts in March (europe)
- For sale: Scott alpride avalanche rescue bag, ABS, 2018 Brand new RRP £750
- Level 1 instructor course
- On the cusp of binding Sizes....what to do?
- Lib Tech Skate Banana sizing
- Fully Catered Chalet, 4 places, 24th-31st March - La Plagne
- Custom Vinyl Stickers??
- WANTED: burton custom twin 154/156 or similar.
Get our Newsletter
Your E-mail Address
More Details
Find us on Facebook
© 2001-2018 GONEboarding.co.uk