Niseko, Japan - looking to organise a cheap trip for anyone interested!

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   benru   On:   Tuesday 23/10/2018 @ 10:47 Show Newest First    
benru
London
  #2  Niseko, Japan - looking to organise a cheap trip for anyone interested!  Posted 23/10/2018 @ 10:47
Hi all,

I used to live in Japan and absolutely love the place. Snowboarded in Hakuba for two seasons while I was still a beginner and now looking to organise a trip to Niseko. Having lived in Japan I know my way around, speak a bit of the language, and am convinced that a trip to Japan doesn't have to break the bank!

I've planned everything out and reckon I could organise a one week or maybe 10 day trip for around £800-1000 for accommodation and lift passes. Flights to Sapporo would be required, which are currently £504 from London with Finnair on various dates in January.

Anyone interested, shoot me a message and let me know! I'm happy to do all the organising and I can be pretty flexible with dates this winter but was thinking January and early February would be best. FYI I'm a 33 year old intermediate snowboarder who lives in London, pretty easy going and usually up for a couple of beers!

Cheers,

Reuben.

Reload  Top
winni
London
  #3  Re: Niseko, Japan - looking to organise a cheap trip for anyone interested!  Posted 23/10/2018 @ 17:35
In reply to post #2...
If I wasn't busy with work this winter i would be all over this. Maybe next season.

Best of luck with the trip mate!
          Reload  Top
Flinnster
Surrey
  #4  Re: Niseko, Japan - looking to organise a cheap trip for anyone interested!  Posted 24/10/2018 @ 00:35
In reply to post #2...
Interesting Reuben. Fancy meeting up at Hemel snowdome sometime? We should chat over a pint
For Sale:
- HangTime Snowboard Wall Mounts in black or white colours. £25 including UK postage. Just send me a message, or see the classifieds section!
- Giro Basis Goggles (White frame, black strap, gold flowers design, gold / amber lens) £75. See the classifieds section for photos!
          Reload  Top
axel2004
  #5  Re: Niseko, Japan - looking to organise a cheap trip for anyone interested!  Posted 25/10/2018 @ 00:12
In reply to post #2...
Interested!
What accommodation you looking at?
I always was told it’s tricky to get accommodation in Niseko unless you book 6-months ahead.
You reckon £1000 for accommodation with passes included for 10-days?
Could be very tempted.
Was planning it for winter 2019 but could mybe try both ??
          Reload  Top
PowderPup
Hampshire
  #6  Re: Niseko, Japan - looking to organise a cheap trip for anyone interested!  Posted 01/11/2018 @ 22:41
In reply to post #5...
Interested,

have spent two weeks in Niseko 2013 season. Had some great days and some not so great days. Like anywhere on planet earth you are at the mercy of the weather and sometimes it just isn't on your side.

That said im keen to try again and like wini doubtful about the coming season but certainly interested beyond that although I would prefer to steer clear of Niseko (too many Powder munchers mostly from Australia)

Niseko is a western tourist magnet and to really get the uber powder that the ski media whip up, I think you need to look elsewhere. Put simply Niseko gets skied out. Moiwa next door is pratically empty. Rusutsu is also less busy.

Snowmobile accessed backcountry could be something worth exploring
http://parpowparadise.com/niseko-snowmobile-access-backcountry/

and then there is Yotei if you dont mind spending an entire day walking uphill.
Snowboarding ruined my life
          Reload  Top
Beno_r1
Merseyside
  #7  Re: Niseko, Japan - looking to organise a cheap trip for anyone interested!  Posted 09/11/2018 @ 09:21
In reply to post #2...
I'm heading to Japan in February and we've just booked a tour in Furano for a week. It works out at about £1320. There's still places if anyone is interested check out the itinerary here https://www.furanosnowtours.com/vacation I've never been to Japan and I found this company whilst doing some research.
          Reload  Top
Paul Goddard
West Yorkshire
  #8  Re: Niseko, Japan - looking to organise a cheap trip for anyone interested!  Posted 15/11/2018 @ 14:06
Hi all
Would definitely like to do this trip late 2019 or early 2020 if anyone plans on organising one and I'm able to get time off work
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- Idea! Trip for peopele with passion
- Pennsylvania snowboarding
- Niseko, Japan - looking to organise a cheap trip for anyone interested!
- numb toes
- What is my snowboard worth?
- Japan, Furano, Feb 24th
- This week I did this to my kit!
- Est footbed
- Cartel or malavita?
- HOLY SH1T IT'S BACK!! :)
- Canada Road Trip 2019
- SWISS Air baggage allowance.
- Bourg Vs Les Arcs
- Best board for carving/ charging hard
- Package or DIY