Japan 2018 Help

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   dirkstar   On:   Friday 26/05/2017 @ 09:01 Show Newest First    
dirkstar
UK - England
  #2  Japan 2018 Help  Posted 26/05/2017 @ 09:01
Ladies Gents

Finally after 10 plus years of Boarding in europe Usa. Japan is calling. Would anyone have any suggestions on booking. There is going to be 8 of us all together. We are wanting to spend a few days in Tokyo either before or after the mountains. Niseko is looking like the resort. Question is do we go with a package company or book ourselves. Do we hire boards or take are own. Be easy not taking them, but would the hire boards be battered and not up for the job. Transfers, Flights, Digs etc any input would be great. Thanks In Advance. Ps IF ANY GROUPS OR INDIVIDUALS ARE PLANNING A SIMILAR TRIP LET ME KNOW.
          Reload  Top
danmorgan
Advertising Partner
Kent
  #3  Re: Japan 2018 Help  Posted 26/05/2017 @ 11:54
In reply to post #2...
Howdy, I did a similar trip this year, here's what we did:

Flew from London-Tokyo (BA flights, indirect via Helsinki to save a couple of hundred quid)
2 nights in Tokyo (stayed here)
Flew up to Sapporo on Vanilla Air
Bus transfer from Sapporo to Niseko (booked via these guys)
5 nights in Niseko (stayed here)
Bus transfer to Rusutsu (regular bus)
3 nights in Rusutsu (stayed here)
Bus transfer to Sapporo (same as the Sapporo-Niseko one)
Flew down to Tokyo
3 nights in Tokyo (stayed here)
Flew home (direct BA flight)

If I had my time over again, I wouldn't bother staying at Rusutsu, just do a day trip there from Niseko, or maybe stay 1 night there since the hotel is mental. Niseko is great but isn't very "Japanese" tbh

All booked DIY-style (flights via BA, Tokyo hotels via hotels.com or direct), all pretty straightforward tbh. We took our boards with us, only slight hitch was navigating through crowds in Tokyo after getting the train into the city with a board bag.

I'd like to do another trip in a couple of years' time to do sightseeing in Osaka/Kyoto/Hiroshima and ride Hakuba (I know they're not particularly close!)
www.WhistlerCondo.co.uk - Luxury 2 bed/2 bath Whistler Village condo - discount for GB members
          Reload  Top
dirkstar
UK - England
  #4  Re: Japan 2018 Help  Posted 08/06/2017 @ 18:26
In reply to post #3...
Thanks for taking time to answer. We are just about ready to book. Plan is 3 nights in Tokyo then 9 nights in niseko. Gone through an agent. Just waiting for a eighth person to confirm hes coming. With just 7 the price is £££££ more.
          Reload  Top
w-edition
  #5  Re: Japan 2018 Help  Posted 12/06/2017 @ 14:11
In reply to post #2...
Hi mate what dates are you in japan about 25 of us there from 20th jan for 14 days cheers Daz
          Reload  Top
francium
Staffordshire
  #6  Re: Japan 2018 Help  Posted 26/06/2017 @ 14:08
In reply to post #5...
14 of us booked from the 20th Jan, flying Manchester to Sapporo for 13 nights can't wait. We've just done DIY for everything.
          Reload  Top
leeh
  #7  Re: Japan 2018 Help  Posted 02/08/2017 @ 22:58
In reply to post #3...
in regards to your boards - when you arrive in Tokyo /Osaka use the Black cat delivery - basically you rock up at the airport and after security at the arrivals hall, look for the Black cat sign - give the delivery guys your bulky luggage with the address of where you are staying , pay a fee £10 to £20 ish and they will deliver it to anywhere in japan.
allow a day for it to get to hakuba area and 2/3 days to get to Hokkaido depending when you arrive. very reliable company and saves a bit of hassle boarding trains etc with bulky stuff

l
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- Burton Restricted Whammy Bar Marley Snowboard
- What's the best gimbal to use?
- Butters
- I made a list of ski pass prices 2017/2018 for largest ski resorts in Europe
- Airport Transfers drivers wanted
- Please help me identify the brand of these bindings!
- Where are you all going in the 2017/18 Season.
- 2014/2015 Season Stoke!
- Snowboarding in November
- Need new snowboarding friends
- Advice please!
- flow step in bindings in powder
- Bad days riding
- Snowboarding gear on ebay!
- a cheap holiday
- Ultra lightweight anorak/shells
- Snowboard lessons in Val Thoren
- First snowboard boots. Huge feet. What's available?
- JAPAN 2018 - ABS bags vs Jetforce, electric vs gas avi bags?/?
- Discount codes - anyone help a brother out???? Snow and rock would be awesome?
Get our Newsletter
Your E-mail Address
More Details
Find us on Facebook
© 2001-2017 GONEboarding.co.uk