How to banish the kitchen fitter BS threads

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   Flinnster   On:   Tuesday 11/02/2014 @ 12:08 Show Newest First    
Flinnster
Surrey
  #1  How to banish the kitchen fitter BS threads  Posted 11/02/2014 @ 12:08
Revision #3 (Last edited: 11/02/2014 @ 18:16)
So the spammers are fighting back hard. Want to know how to remove all their rubbish 'wonderful spam' threads?

If you click on the forum link at the top left of the site, then on the left light grey panel named 'Your Account', click the line 'Mark All As Read'.

If nobody replies to the spams, then they'll stay as 'read' and won't clutter the latest posts list.
For Sale:
- HangTime Snowboard Wall Mounts in black or white colours. £25 including UK postage. Just send me a message, or see the classifieds section!
- Giro Basis Goggles (White frame, black strap, gold flowers design, gold / amber lens) £75. See the classifieds section for photos!
          Reload  Top
sneakerfreaker
Site Admin
Lancashire
  #2  Re: How to banish the kitchen fitter BS threads  Posted 11/02/2014 @ 13:24
In reply to post #1...
I have deleted all of the accounts from them today and removed all the posts over 850 in total. We are actioning something today to stop this happening please refrain from contact them via telephone.

Matt
GB
          Reload  Top
MarkyB916
Hampshire
  #3  Re: How to banish the kitchen fitter BS threads  Posted 11/02/2014 @ 15:06
In reply to post #2...
Hi Matt.

Still looks like there's loads in the sno buddies forum.

Mark
          Reload  Top
MarkyB916
Hampshire
  #4  Re: How to banish the kitchen fitter BS threads  Posted 11/02/2014 @ 15:06
In reply to post #3...
Sorry. I meant Sno'mates.
          Reload  Top
Flinnster
Surrey
  #5  Re: How to banish the kitchen fitter BS threads  Posted 11/02/2014 @ 18:06
In reply to post #4...
Yep unfortunately it looks like we'll have to enter manual captcha codes or something every single time we post from now on....

Either that, or it's now forbidden to make a new account on Goneboarding unless you can prove your attendance at 20+ indoor snowdome, dryslope or UK resort sessions.
For Sale:
- HangTime Snowboard Wall Mounts in black or white colours. £25 including UK postage. Just send me a message, or see the classifieds section!
- Giro Basis Goggles (White frame, black strap, gold flowers design, gold / amber lens) £75. See the classifieds section for photos!
          Reload  Top
Flinnster
Surrey
  #6  Re: How to banish the kitchen fitter BS threads  Posted 11/02/2014 @ 18:06
Revision #2 (Last edited: 11/02/2014 @ 19:31)
In reply to post #5...
On another note.. Shaun White is -NOT- winning the Olympic Superpipe...

Switzerland and Japan dominating right now. Shaun hit the lip. I'll have to grab the freeze frame of his burton deck slapping the lip - it bent by at least 30 degrees!

Here it is...
For Sale:
          Reload  Top
Flinnster
Surrey
  #7  Re: How to banish the kitchen fitter BS threads  Posted 11/02/2014 @ 18:32
Revision #1 (Last edited: 11/02/2014 @ 18:33)
In reply to post #6...
OLYMPIC SUPERPIPE SPOILER ALERT!

And it didn't change... Shaun White only managed to get 4th in the end, so missed out on all medal positions, and having quit the slopestyle.. walks away with nothing at all from this Olympics...

The young Japanese and Chinese guys, although they didn't win it, show that in years to come, they'll be the ones to watch..
For Sale:
          Reload  Top
andyfield
Lancashire
  #8  Re: How to banish the kitchen fitter BS threads  Posted 11/02/2014 @ 19:56
Well logged on after about 4 hours of deleting all the kitchen spams and low and behold,they have decided to have a spamathon and smack over 3500 posts on all kinds of rubbish.
          Reload  Top
iainkane
London
  #9  Re: How to banish the kitchen fitter BS threads  Posted 11/02/2014 @ 20:23
In reply to post #8...
I've not been on here in ages and the spam god guys good luck with it! Captchas not a bad idea and unfortunately necessary it would appear. I was going to ask some advice about lessons in Mayrhofen but I'll post it once things calm down a little!
          Reload  Top
MarkyB916
Hampshire
  #10  Re: How to banish the kitchen fitter BS threads  Posted 12/02/2014 @ 07:12
In reply to post #9...
Captchas would help.

I'm fairly new to the forum so don't know it's workings but do you allow guest posts ? Disabling those would help.

The other thing that might help is it looks like they might be using a robot to create accounts. There are some tools for textual confirmation when creating accounts that might help i.e it asks a question like 'What letter comes after B ?' which only humans can answer.

None of the above are foolproof but might reduce the spam to a managable level. Looking at the spammer. They don't seem to be particularly sophisticated in their approach.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but if it helps ........
          Reload  Top
cantridepete
France
  #11  Re: How to banish the kitchen fitter BS threads  Posted 12/02/2014 @ 10:13
In reply to post #10...
i'd say that captchas are needed unfortunatly. they're pretty much making the forum un-usable at the moment
          Reload  Top
russ295
Forum Mod
Tyne & Wear
  #12  Re: How to banish the kitchen fitter BS threads  Posted 12/02/2014 @ 10:27
In reply to post #11...
to be fair to them I am looking forward to watching the hobbit
          Reload  Top
fatbob
Forum Mod
Nottinghamshire
  #13  Re: How to banish the kitchen fitter BS threads  Posted 12/02/2014 @ 13:37
Just logged in. WTF!
Clicky here to donate to our 9 day LEJOG ride for Christian Aid and Disability Snowsports UK
Use the code LZP12 at Proskins for 10% off and 10% to Christian Aid
Love Snow
The Rider Social Chatel
          Reload  Top
Kalemlyco
Gloucestershire
  #14  Re: How to banish the kitchen fitter BS threads  Posted 12/02/2014 @ 14:13
In reply to post #10...

QUOTE (MarkyB916 - 12/02/2014 @ 07:12)

Captchas would help.

I'm fairly new to the forum so don't know it's workings but do you allow guest posts ? Disabling those would help.

The other thing that might help is it looks like they might be using a robot to create accounts. There are some tools for textual confirmation when creating accounts that might help i.e it asks a question like 'What letter comes after B ?' which only humans can answer.

None of the above are foolproof but might reduce the spam to a managable level. Looking at the spammer. They don't seem to be particularly sophisticated in their approach.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but if it helps ........

This would work if you had the account sign up have the text or picture confirmation like "Type in the below letters or what number is in the picture" Those would stop a robot sign-up in it's tracks.
          Reload  Top
Kuan
Hong Kong
  #15  Re: How to banish the kitchen fitter BS threads  Posted 12/02/2014 @ 16:25
In reply to post #14...
Damned annoying they were, thankfully looks like the forum is back to normal so thanks guys for all the hard work

Can't we add the words stilhaus kitchens to the profanity list and then have it autocorrect to 'Shaun White's Brown Trousers'? Or anything else in fact, could be quite amusing.
If in doubt, go faster!

I'm working on a snowboard project please help me complete this survey http://bit.ly/SpVdSurvey
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- St Anton 25th feb catered chalet 7 nights
- Gb stickers
- Snow chains
- Snowboard Proposal
- What are the Major Reasons Behind the Prevailing Importance of Jewellery
- Need suggestion
- Helmet or not?
- Off boarding Sat 11 November 2017 Castleford
- 6 year old newbie
- Burton step on photon boot uk 7.5 swap for uk 8.
- Guinness snowboard unused whats it worth
- Colorado, which resort?
- Can you help me out!!
- Snowboard boots comfort
- Snowboard boots comfort
- JAPAN Airlines - snowboard carriage/baggage help!?
- Snow mates gathering for 2018 trips, Expanding the network with winter sports!
- Sites for season accomodation Austria
- Labourer's wanted Bulgaria
- Snowboarding in November
Get our Newsletter
Your E-mail Address
More Details
Find us on Facebook
© 2001-2017 GONEboarding.co.uk