Family holiday

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   Cazziew   On:   Friday 23/02/2018 @ 07:59 Show Newest First    
Cazziew
Worcestershire
  #1  Family holiday  Posted 23/02/2018 @ 07:59
Hiya,
Sorry to bother you
My husband and I are looking to take our little ones away next Feb half term. My husband myself and my little girl all snowboard, me and my daughter (6) at a beginner level and my husband is really really good. My son (3) is hopefully going to be Learning.
Any suggestions of where to go and with what company?
Please
          Reload  Top
oldgit
Hampshire
  #2  Re: Family holiday  Posted 25/02/2018 @ 00:04
Hi, If you can stand the expense, perhaps Banff or somewhere else in Canada. I’m here for the first time in a few years and there more small kids boarding & having lessons than I’ve ever seen. It’s a bit of a generalisation but Ski schools here are far more child-centric than in Europe. They try hard to make things fun. It’s better if your little ones can be part of a group rather than have individual lessons though but I don’t know if there are enough youngsters to make up the numbers. You would need to do some research and I would try to get some time in an indoor slope over the summer so your kids master the basics. It’s a bit wasteful of time and money learning how to stand up and side-slip when you are on holiday.
          Reload  Top
Chicken33
  #3  Re: Family holiday  Posted 25/02/2018 @ 23:09
In reply to post #1...
Hi. We’re heading back to avoriaz again. We took our 4 year old last March and for families it is great. My wife isn’t a great snowboarder and our daughter is just starting out. We found that the nursery slope was good. When they had enough you could head to the indoor swimming complex. The centre of the town has a fair ground ride. You have mint snowboarding which can teach young kids to snowboard. The stash is there. We’re heading over (very late) this year. April half term. It’ll be hot and slushy but will be good fun spring riding. We’re just sorting it out ourselves. But you have tree line chalets and a few others that are great places to stay. Hope that helps.
          Reload  Top
winni
London
  #4  Re: Family holiday  Posted 28/02/2018 @ 09:31
In reply to post #1...
Pila.

The Girmond lift is the perfect steepness for learning on. Its super super wide and can be accessed by gondola from the resort center. Dad can lap the adjacent black and red runs and touch base every hour or so. The rest of the runs on the resort are pretty wide too.

Interski seams to have the place in their pocket (not a bad thing!). The usual Crystal etc.. also go there.
          Reload  Top
oldgit
Hampshire
  #5  Re: Family holiday  Posted 04/03/2018 @ 00:52
In reply to post #1...
Probably my last response to anyone who is a first poster. One question; then nothing.
          Reload  Top
russ295
Forum Mod
Tyne & Wear
  #6  Re: Family holiday  Posted 05/03/2018 @ 17:19
In reply to post #5...

QUOTE (oldgit - 04/03/2018 @ 00:52)

Probably my last response to anyone who is a first poster. One question; then nothing.

A thanks now and then wouldn’t go a miss.
          Reload  Top
Flinnster
Surrey
  #7  Re: Family holiday  Posted 06/03/2018 @ 01:21
In reply to post #6...
Thanks Russ! (and OldGit)
For Sale:
- HangTime Snowboard Wall Mounts in black or white colours. £25 including UK postage. Just send me a message, or see the classifieds section!
- Giro Basis Goggles (White frame, black strap, gold flowers design, gold / amber lens) £75. See the classifieds section for photos!
          Reload  Top
PowderPup
Hampshire
  #8  Re: Family holiday  Posted 06/03/2018 @ 17:25
In reply to post #7...
Aye wouldn't worry about it.

The got all the advice they needed, ignored it and booked their hols to Whistler.

As 3year old Tarquin will appreciate the tissue at the lift stations
Snowboarding ruined my life
          Reload  Top
Doogerie
Berkshire
  #9  Re: Family holiday  Posted 18/03/2018 @ 12:04
In reply to post #1...
Try MGS Ski they are run my an English and American woman the specalise in a place called Val Cenis the resort is not too loud there are lot's of plces o eat and they do ski/bord guides in the afternoon. here is alin to ecams of th resort it's perfect for famalys.

http://www.haute-maurienne-vanoise.com/fr/info-live/webcam

it's the 4 webcams at the end of the page
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- Banff Canada
- Laax end of Jan
- HOLY SH1T IT'S BACK!! :)
- Best board for carving/ charging hard
- New Board-sports apparel brand | Fotans Collective | Please support
- Chamrousse Feb 2018
- Values&Voices. Athletes as advocates for pro-environmental behavior - A research project
- FOR SALE: Zardoz Low-Fluoro Iron-On Race Wax
- With wise binding offset.
- Hemel Hemstead meetup / Ben Nevis Feb 09
- test
- Lib Tech Skate Banana sizing
- New members.
- Why did you start snowbording?
- Snowboard binding digging into little toe :(
- Tips for beginner snowboarders
- Booking a hoilday
- Mesh in the jacket snow cuff - normal?
- Just Finished Snow Dice for Android
- I had my first lesson yesterday
Get our Newsletter
Your E-mail Address
More Details
Find us on Facebook
© 2001-2018 GONEboarding.co.uk