custom molded insoles / inlays

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   MrEgg   On:   Sunday 13/03/2016 @ 11:03 Show Newest First    
MrEgg
  #1  custom molded insoles / inlays  Posted 13/03/2016 @ 11:03
Get some! They are awesome!
Tried all sorts to cure my heel lift, heel pads, heel lift solutions, Red superfeet, umpteen boots etc.

In Bansko last week & I got a pair of Sidas molded for less than £50!
bargain considering I paid £30 for superfeet.

I was a bit dubious at first, walked away to think about it. Then I thought that this is the only place that I have seen that does custom insoles in Bansko. What really made my mind up was The office was littered with photos of the guy with Bulgarian Ski team & he was obviously somehow associated with the team.

Anyway, the process took about 30mins & I have never had anything so comfy on my feet (no shoe, trainer or slipper!). As for the heel lift, guess I will know next time I board & this was a last day treat as I had Lev's to spend - but worth it just for the sheer comfort
          Reload  Top
winterfunman
Lincolnshire
  #2  Re: custom molded insoles / inlays  Posted 13/03/2016 @ 19:36
In reply to post #1...
The guy knows what he is doing , exactly same machine and kit TSA use , just cheaper .

I advise and use the same guy , and have sent several customer's to him .

Pity your back now as we have epic deep fresh snow over last few nights and more falling as I type, Horizon Festival is in full swing and the whole town is buzzing ,with exception of a few drunken idiotic brit males who decided to challenge locals and smashed a few things up , but for their effort , landed themselves in jail for a cooling off period .... along with making more locals think Brits are all like this .4

Lucky they didn't get a well deserved kicking from local ex pats and local Bulgarians

Why people don't respect other countries is beyond me .4

But ref OP great way to help poor foot fitting and body posture too

Have fun guys and gals , safe riding , just heading out to one of the venues to see a few DJ'S doing their thing
we r only here for a short time , live life to the full every day

BANSKO Apartment deals see below:

http://www.alexander-apartment-bansko.com

info@alexander-apartment-bansko.com
          Reload  Top
MrEgg
  #4  Re: custom molded insoles / inlays  Posted 13/03/2016 @ 20:26
Revision #2 (Last edited: 13/03/2016 @ 20:41)
In reply to post #2...

QUOTE (winterfunman - 13/03/2016 @ 19:36)

The guy knows what he is doing , exactly same machine and kit TSA use , just cheaper .

I advise and use the same guy , and have sent several customer's to him .

Pity your back now as we have epic deep fresh snow over last few nights and more falling as I type, Horizon Festival is in full swing and the whole town is buzzing ,with exception of a few drunken idiotic brit males who decided to challenge locals and smashed a few things up , but for their effort , landed themselves in jail for a cooling off period .... along with making more locals think Brits are all like this .4

Lucky they didn't get a well deserved kicking from local ex pats and local Bulgarians

Why people don't respect other countries is beyond me .4

But ref OP great way to help poor foot fitting and body posture too

Have fun guys and gals , safe riding , just heading out to one of the venues to see a few DJ'S doing their thing

Got back yesterday, so had the worst & best of the snow (First time on Tuesday I have everbeen up to the top of Todorka with clear views, but didn't take any photos always foggy when I go up! Pretty much snowed non stop from there on in + the lift was closed at times.)
I read about the beatings some brits got & probably fully deserved.

I was at 1st Horizon Fest & that sort of thing isnt for me. Waiting for next year's dates to know when to avoid before booking. Enough idiots on the slopes at times as it is (my only real complaint!). Watched from bar 180 one skier out of control grabbing a kids ski pole trying to stop, lucky the kid let the pole go or it would have been a mess.

Think this year is busier after last years snow. Hopefully puts a lot of people off going again. Don't want to see it turn into another Borovets.

Only downside was I forgot my knee brace - so spent a lot of time on my back when my knee gave out!
          Reload  Top
MrEgg
  #5  Re: custom molded insoles / inlays  Posted 13/03/2016 @ 20:30
In reply to post #4...
forgot to add..
THere is no gait analysis machine or biometrics scan. no computer, etc.
IMO, that is just BS & used to sell the product.

At the end of the day, they can put you on 100 machines to analyse your walk, but you still end up making an impression in some inflated balloon & then molded the sole.

My local rip of ski shop charge up to £200 - depending on the expertise you require!
Just a rip off ploy to string out the 2 hours.
          Reload  Top
Tomwilko
North Yorkshire
  #6  Re: custom molded insoles / inlays  Posted 09/01/2017 @ 20:36
In reply to post #1...
Do you remember which shop it was? I'm going out there next week and I'm looking to get some
          Reload  Top
MrEgg
  #7  Re: custom molded insoles / inlays  Posted 09/01/2017 @ 21:40
In reply to post #6...

QUOTE (Tomwilko - 09/01/2017 @ 20:36)

Do you remember which shop it was? I'm going out there next week and I'm looking to get some

Yes, Its the same building as Inter Bansko & George Ski School. Its upstairs opposite George's.
Walk down the hill from the happy end. First building when you cross the road!
          Reload  Top
Tomwilko
North Yorkshire
  #8  Re: custom molded insoles / inlays  Posted 09/01/2017 @ 21:58
In reply to post #7...
Legend, thank you
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- Powder Powder
- Space for 1 on a Group trip to Back Country Romania with a Local Guide and Instructor.
- Summer boarding europe
- Need a holiday!
- 2 looking for crew
- Backcountry Riding in Alberta and BC
- looking for 2 sno'mates
- Party of 2, we need you
- Nayone out in Banff, 4/3 - 18/3?
- P-Tex repair issue
- Gender board classificacion deal
- Thirtytwo TM3 boots
- Slovakia janka?
- Champoluc Italy
- Les arcs
- Be careful out there folks!
- Anyone in Val D'Isere 5, 6 and 7 March?
- Parking les arcs 1800
- Foot Pain!
- Sno Mate/s wanted interested in coming over to Germany to help me learn and you can stay at mine for free
Get our Newsletter
Your E-mail Address
More Details
Find us on Facebook
© 2001-2017 GONEboarding.co.uk