Boots for feet with high arches???

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   eindvistle   On:   Tuesday 27/01/2009 @ 14:05 Show Newest First    
eindvistle
  #1  Boots for feet with high arches???  Posted 27/01/2009 @ 14:05
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a manufacturer or boot that's good for people with a high instep (and slightly wide feet)? I will be getting fitted, but I want to make sure I go somewhere with the correct brand/model choice?

Ta.
          Reload  Top
thunderblob
Nottinghamshire
  #2  Re: Boots for feet with high arches???  Posted 27/01/2009 @ 14:21
In reply to post #1...
I got a similar problem "frodo feet" DC's I have been told are good, I have burton rulers which although not eradicated the problem have lessened it! my left foot is no problem its the right is the problem.
Go to decent shop seek their advice, try them all on
Sno-ageltd.com
          Reload  Top
redhotmonk
  #3  Re: Boots for feet with high arches???  Posted 27/01/2009 @ 14:29
In reply to post #1...
Regarding high instep/arches, it will be more the insole you will be concerned about rather than the boot itself. You will want to replace the boot manufacturers un supportive insole with a more supportive one - such as Superfeet insoles or have custom ones made.

www.superfeet.com

http://www.snowboard-asylum.com/conformable-snowboard-footbeds.htm
          Reload  Top
eindvistle
  #4  Re: Boots for feet with high arches???  Posted 27/01/2009 @ 23:14
In reply to post #3...
Cheers Folks!

I'll give a few a try before I buy.
          Reload  Top
Grill
France
  #5  Re: Boots for feet with high arches???  Posted 28/01/2009 @ 08:53
In reply to post #1...
Doesn't exist as all standard footbeds are almost flat. You'll need a good insole like a Superfeet or Sidas Snow+.
          Reload  Top
eindvistle
  #6  Re: Boots for feet with high arches???  Posted 28/01/2009 @ 12:18
In reply to post #5...
I should have written high arch not instep in the original post. I've found some boots to be difficult to get on/off due to this, and I want a boot that will be comfortable without cutting off circulation across the top of my foot.

Off to Finland in a couple of weeks so need to be sorted for then.

Thanks for the advice.
          Reload  Top
Grill
France
  #7  Re: Boots for feet with high arches???  Posted 28/01/2009 @ 13:36
In reply to post #6...
You just need to loosen the inners more. Most boots will work without too much trouble as long as you don't over-tighten them.
          Reload  Top
k2nembrd
Surrey
  #8  Re: Boots for feet with high arches???  Posted 28/01/2009 @ 14:15
In reply to post #1...

QUOTE (eindvistle - 27/01/2009 @ 14:05)

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a manufacturer or boot that's good for people with a high instep (and slightly wide feet)? I will be getting fitted, but I want to make sure I go somewhere with the correct brand/model choice?

Ta.

I've got some big-ass feet with high arches that are also wide, I currently wear a size 13 US/12 UK Vans Fargo Boa and they are very comfy (I added some foam stick-ons from a board shop in the shell to prevent heel-lift) and I can recomend them whole-heartedly. I would suggest that what you really need is a boot with enough width to let your feet spread and if needs be, get some of those arch-support inserts you can get for trainers, etc, and put then under the insole... That should do it!
          Reload  Top
ChrisF
Aberdeenshire
  #9  Re: Boots for feet with high arches???  Posted 28/01/2009 @ 14:33
In reply to post #3...

QUOTE (redhotmonk - 27/01/2009 @ 14:29)

Regarding high instep/arches, it will be more the insole you will be concerned about rather than the boot itself. You will want to replace the boot manufacturers un supportive insole with a more supportive one - such as Superfeet insoles or have custom ones made.

www.superfeet.com

http://www.snowboard-asylum.com/conformable-snowboard-footbeds.htm

Definitely recommend superfeet, but don't just buy your shoe size - get a proper fitting done. My high arch is quite far forward, so I need to buy ones bigger than my shoe size and trim them to fit the boots.
          Reload  Top
impix
  #10  Re: Boots for feet with high arches???  Posted 14/01/2018 @ 18:16
In reply to post #2...
hi i have a same problem which people are facing about wearing shoes but now i got have a solution of shoes by women's slippers with arch support,its completely confortable for all diabetes and non diabetes
          Reload  Top
akshayv
  #11  Re: Boots for feet with high arches???  Posted 28/03/2018 @ 17:07
In reply to post #1...
I've been suffering from turf toe for a while, and finally bought orthotic. This was by far the last option. Orthofeet insole helped with discomfort immediately, and easily fit into most of my shoes--I just remove the insole and replace it with this. I didn't need a set, just one, but that's not a complaint, it's a great value! I wore them yesterday to walk my dog, and they didn't slip at all. I'm wearing them today with dress shoes and even without socks they're comfortable.
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- Boarding in China
- HOLY SH1T IT'S BACK!! :)
- Les Trois Vallees Feb 22- March 2nd 2019
- Yes Ghost vs Jones All Mountain Twin: Board Length Advice
- Pale Snowboards - What's the crack?
- Snowboard Binding Survey
- Banff Canada
- Breckenridge March 2019 - Anyone looking for Accommodation Share ?
- Best board for carving/ charging hard
- Laax end of Jan
- New Board-sports apparel brand | Fotans Collective | Please support
- Chamrousse Feb 2018
- Values&Voices. Athletes as advocates for pro-environmental behavior - A research project
- FOR SALE: Zardoz Low-Fluoro Iron-On Race Wax
- With wise binding offset.
- Hemel Hemstead meetup / Ben Nevis Feb 09
- test
- Lib Tech Skate Banana sizing
- New members.
- Why did you start snowbording?
Get our Newsletter
Your E-mail Address
More Details
Find us on Facebook
© 2001-2018 GONEboarding.co.uk