Beginner Snowboarder Looking For Buddies To Go On Holiday

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   smiley79   On:   Monday 18/02/2013 @ 20:34 Show Newest First    
smiley79
Cleveland
  #1  Beginner Snowboarder Looking For Buddies To Go On Holiday  Posted 18/02/2013 @ 20:34
Hi all,

Beginner snowboarder looking to go away for a week at some point in March. Due to none of my friends being interested in taking up snowboarding i'm having to go away by myself it seems. I'v been told it can get expensive going by yourself so just sending out a few feelers to see what happens.

I've been looking at Bansko in Bulgaria and a couple of other places too as this will be my first boarding holiday since taking it up in December.
All or Nothing
          Reload  Top
bong69uk
Midlothian
  #2  Re: Beginner Snowboarder Looking For Buddies To Go On Holiday  Posted 19/02/2013 @ 07:42
In reply to post #1...
How much of a beginner are you dude?
Im looking at going away mid march to somewhere like tignes with one of my mates, the only catch however is that we most certainly aren't beginners, we are pretty experienced riders.
quick, go for it now...before your brain catches up with your balls!!
          Reload  Top
smiley79
Cleveland
  #3  Re: Beginner Snowboarder Looking For Buddies To Go On Holiday  Posted 19/02/2013 @ 08:56
In reply to post #2...
I've don days lessons at beginner, improved and development at chill factor, and i've been twice by myself both times for 4hours. So not very experienced really.

Got my own pants, jacket and boots.
All or Nothing
          Reload  Top
431hair
Avon
  #4  Re: Beginner Snowboarder Looking For Buddies To Go On Holiday  Posted 20/02/2013 @ 20:13
In reply to post #3...
hey me and my dude have booked somewhere 40 mins from geneva for 18th to 22nd march it sleeps 6 and were hiring a car if your up for it were both pretty easy going and different levels beginner and a bit better lol, it is self catering but again pretty easy going , if your interested let me know and ill send you the figures
emma
its better to burn out then fade out
          Reload  Top
Lester
  #5  Re: Beginner Snowboarder Looking For Buddies To Go On Holiday  Posted 20/02/2013 @ 20:19
In reply to post #4...
I could well be interested - Its a nightmare trying to arrange a trip!!!!
Any chance you could let me know the details?
Cheers,
Lester
          Reload  Top
431hair
Avon
  #6  Re: Beginner Snowboarder Looking For Buddies To Go On Holiday  Posted 20/02/2013 @ 22:33
In reply to post #5...
check messages
its better to burn out then fade out
          Reload  Top
Clarkson64
Devon
  #7  Re: Beginner Snowboarder Looking For Buddies To Go On Holiday  Posted 20/02/2013 @ 23:10
In reply to post #6...
wicked were you guys going?
Todd Richards=King
P3 pipes parks and powder-best book ever
Tom Sims thanks.
          Reload  Top
smiley79
Cleveland
  #8  Re: Beginner Snowboarder Looking For Buddies To Go On Holiday  Posted 21/02/2013 @ 11:30
In reply to post #4...
Cheers Emma,

I could well be interested in that as i am possibly of a very similar level. Send me the figures and i'll have a look

Ian
All or Nothing
          Reload  Top
tbrown
  #9  Re: Beginner Snowboarder Looking For Buddies To Go On Holiday  Posted 23/02/2013 @ 20:39
In reply to post #1...
Hi smiley
me and a friend are in bansko 5 till the 12 march also first time for us on a boarding holiday if that helps.If your there about the same time we could meet up
          Reload  Top
soche
London
  #10  Re: Beginner Snowboarder Looking For Buddies To Go On Holiday  Posted 25/02/2013 @ 21:28
In reply to post #1...
I struggled to find buddies this year and in the end decided to go with http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/

I am going to Tignes on the solo's trip on March 16. This type of thing would be perfect for a beginner or any level as it comes with 6 days of full time or part time lessons (any level as they put you into groups, all equipment hire, lift passes, HB shared room accommodation for £675 ish. Obviously need to get to the resort on top of that though. I opted for the cheap option of overnight coach from London. It is about £100 and the bus has (apparently) larger leg room, plugs and wifi so you can keep amused en route. It does look like that week is gone though but maybe try another week or another similar holiday provider.
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
  Featured Websites
  TheSnowboardAsylum : The Snowboard Asylum – The UK’s largest range of snowboard hardware and outerwear, from brands including Burton, YES, Bataleon, Jones, Slash and loads more.
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- Raven boards
- SR : HokkaidOH! 2013/14
- Bansko new year
- What do you think about flexible sunglasses
- 1 or 2 spaces to fill
- Beware HolidaySafe Insurance!
- Snowbombing 2015 - anybody going alone?
- Driving to France - Closest resorts
- Resort Recommendations for N America in Jan
- Please Help To Design an Outdoor & Adventure Product
- Experience with 4 weeks snowboard camp in Whistler
- Patagonia insulated jackets
- FOR SALE: Board Bags, Bern Baker, Ride Berzerker
- Kent to Snowdome
- Snow Buddy/Coach For Les Deux Alpes 2014/2015
- Beginners boards not top dollar?!
- Milton Keynes/ Hemel snowboard buddies
- i bought a vinyl sticker making machine. woo hoo.
- lone boarder needed...
- Trespass sale
Get our Newsletter
Your E-mail Address
More Details
Find us on Facebook
© 2001-2014 GONEboarding.co.uk