Anyone know this DVD?

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   GavinHope   On:   Saturday 23/09/2006 @ 20:59 Show Newest First    
GavinHope
Tyne & Wear
  #1  Anyone know this DVD?  Posted 23/09/2006 @ 20:59
Revision #1 (Last edited: 23/09/2006 @ 21:00)
Hey, earlier this year when I was in Tignes, we kept going to this bar after we'd finished riding and failry often there was a snowboarding film playing that I kinda liked...

The thing is I can't remember what it was called Because I only saw a little bit of it each time, I never saw the title screen - and the guy behind the bar didn't know what it was called when I asked him.

Here's what I remember from the film:
Towards the end there was some footage of Jussi (I'm fairly sure it was him) jibbing around on rails, boxes and picnic benches. There was also some impressive filming of riders on snowskates - hitting kickers and stuff.

I did catch the name of the film once, so if people have an idea it will probably jog my memory. I actually thought that it was Positron... but I bought that arrived in the post today and I realised it wasn't

Thanks for any ideas, Gav

Oh - and I don't think it was one of last years films... it felt like it was an "older" dvd
Afterbang Snowboarding Blog - keeping the snowboarding stoke going, all year round.

Get 10% off the best freestyle video-tuition out there from Snowboard Addiction, with discount code "afterbang". Read about it in this Guide to Snowboard Tricks

Just starting out? This might be useful: Learning to Snowboard Guide
          Reload  Top
Stuart
Forum Mod
Kirkcudbrightshire
  #2  Re: Anyone know this DVD?  Posted 23/09/2006 @ 21:09
In reply to post #1...
I havn't a clue but Im sure someone like fatbob or Starky will know so you should not have to wait too long till you get an answer.
www.smcwilliam.co.uk

smcwilliam smugmug photos.

smcwilliam flickr photos.
          Reload  Top
Starky
Norfolk
  #3  Re: Anyone know this DVD?  Posted 23/09/2006 @ 21:16
Revision #1 (Last edited: 23/09/2006 @ 21:19)
In reply to post #2...
Right on queue...

I'm not totally sure to be honest, Jussi was in 'From MDP With Love' but I don't remember a scene like the one you've described, could also be 'The Process 4' which is Burton's free promo movie.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, if you can remember any other riders/scenes it might be helpful.
Free bread rules!
MySpazz
Facebook me!
          Reload  Top
Propa
Slovakia
  #4  Re: Anyone know this DVD?  Posted 24/09/2006 @ 02:02
have to say that your descritption is pretty rubbish and could be anything.

If we are talking the same film as im thinking:

it has a section where it cuts to ESPN news and they start talking about their new favourite Sports star name - and the black guy starts going on about how "Jussi Oksnanen" is his favourite name.....

"Jussi, Jussi, lets see what Jussi does........"

kicks into Jussi sectionm......

then the extras is all about how Jussi and benedek go riding on snow blades all the time and how their favourite trick is the leg split and all that sh*t - there is also a snowskate section just before the end.

If this is the film we are talking about, then its TB10-Oprigrab by standard films. sick as sh*t! - f*cking love this - if you are anywhere near oxford our van has 2 copies in it and you are welcome to have one.
the cheapest riding trips in Europe with €1 Beers and check out our wakeboard school too - the cheapest wakeboard boat camps in Europe - with our own cable park as well
          Reload  Top
Propa
Slovakia
  #5  Re: Anyone know this DVD?  Posted 24/09/2006 @ 02:04
Revision #2 (Last edited: 24/09/2006 @ 02:06)
forgot to add - Jim Rippey nails a back flip on a Skidoo at the start - worth the cash alone to see that.

oooooh and the dvd blurb courtesy of goodle:

Witness Jeremy Jones, Jonaven Moore and Johan Olofsson's all mountain assault on some of the steepest terrain imaginable. Heavy freestyle hitters Jussi Oksanen, David Benedict, Travis Parker, Andrew Crawford and Chris Englesman deliver solid and peak performances. Travel with them around the globe to the most insane handrails, giant kickers and big gaps pushing the limits to a higher standard. TB10 promises to deliver the tightest package to date with a fresh and different soundtrack from years past.
the cheapest riding trips in Europe with €1 Beers and check out our wakeboard school too - the cheapest wakeboard boat camps in Europe - with our own cable park as well
          Reload  Top
nic jevad
USA
  #6  Re: Anyone know this DVD?  Posted 24/09/2006 @ 06:56
In reply to post #5...
Does sound a bit like The Process 4
Life is for Living. Ride On.

www.jevad.com
          Reload  Top
Propa
Slovakia
  #7  Re: Anyone know this DVD?  Posted 24/09/2006 @ 11:21
it has to be TB10 - im sure of it now

quote "it felt like it was an "older" dvd

Process 4 isnt old & Jussi's section is near the end of TB10 - but hey its not like a jussi section could have been any dvd in the last 5 years
          Reload  Top
GavinHope
Tyne & Wear
  #8  Re: Anyone know this DVD?  Posted 25/09/2006 @ 09:42
In reply to post #4...
Hey, easy on the "rubbish description"

You're right though, I didn't give much to go on.
"Oprigrab" - I think that's what I remember, although I thought it was something like "optigrab", but that seems pretty close.

I have remembered a few more things that might help cement it.
The snowskate bit at the end was shot at night, like all the shots seemed dark. they were hitting park-type kickers and landing some, but on quite a few the snowskates were falling away about half way through the jump.

Near'ish the end there's a shot of a rider falling backwards off a box, that is fairly high (I think that might have been part of a slam section, but not sure).

The jussi bit that I was referring to - I think he was jibbing round on a shallow slope, and there may have been trees in the shot.

As the credits are rolling at the end, there's a clip (might be benedek) where a rider is either walking up hill in some powder, or standing around and waving or something. I seem to remember something with wind blowing the surface snow all over the place.

Does this help?

I didn't see the beginning/middle section of the DVD (I don't think so anyway).

Thanks for the help guys!
Gav
Afterbang Snowboarding Blog - keeping the snowboarding stoke going, all year round.

Get 10% off the best freestyle video-tuition out there from Snowboard Addiction, with discount code "afterbang". Read about it in this Guide to Snowboard Tricks

Reload  Top
Propa
Slovakia
  #9  Re: Anyone know this DVD?  Posted 25/09/2006 @ 10:13
haha sorry it is opTigrab - just my sh*t typing that made it come out oprigrab haha

yes, park section on snowskates at night is optigrab......

the only way you are gonna find out for sure is go buy it - and even if you do you wont be upset as its a spot on film.
          Reload  Top
abyss
Suffolk
  #10  Re: Anyone know this DVD?  Posted 25/09/2006 @ 10:17
In reply to post #9...
Propa, go buy it, it is defo OPTIGRAB TB10.
Probably one of the best snowboard DVD's evermade.
waxandtune.co.uk

constructivefilms
          Reload  Top
Propa
Slovakia
  #11  Re: Anyone know this DVD?  Posted 25/09/2006 @ 10:19
In reply to post #10...
mate ive got 2 copies!!! and like you say - it is one of the best.
          Reload  Top
GavinHope
Tyne & Wear
  #12  Re: Anyone know this DVD?  Posted 25/09/2006 @ 11:03
In reply to post #11...
Two copies to sell?
If not, have you seen it online anywhere?

Thanks btw guys!

Reload  Top
abyss
Suffolk
  #13  Re: Anyone know this DVD?  Posted 25/09/2006 @ 11:07
In reply to post #12...
You could try here http://www.actionsportsdvd.com/snowboarding2.html.
This where I normally buy my DVD's from.
waxandtune.co.uk

constructivefilms
          Reload  Top
Propa
Slovakia
  #14  Re: Anyone know this DVD?  Posted 25/09/2006 @ 11:07
www.standardfilms.com is a good place to start - and as far as im aware you can buy it through there.

i cant sell one as A- they are in england and B - ones my ex's so she would kill me if i sold it.... although haha! nah - i couldnt
          Reload  Top
GavinHope
Tyne & Wear
  #15  Re: Anyone know this DVD?  Posted 25/09/2006 @ 12:37
In reply to post #13...
Sweet - I've ordered it from www.actionsportsdvd.com

Cheers, Gav

Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- Jib board sizing query
- Looking for advice!
- Anyone looking for Snowboard cross training and competition
- Holiday comp
- Feeling low energy
- True Freedom 163 Board
- Epic Pass On Sale
- Package or DIY
- Best board for carving/ charging hard
- Capita Quality??
- buying first gear
- What's my next board after 12 years on a Rome Anthem?
- EasyJet £10 carriage for sports equipment.
- last minute .... les 2 alpes 16-23 March
- Last Minute Powder Trip Junkies!
- Bindings too big? Please help!
- Rear toe overhang on freeride board
- Best ladies beginner board?
- Courchevel off piste snowboard guide recommendations
- Tignes. Help!!
Get our Newsletter
Your E-mail Address
More Details
Find us on Facebook
© 2001-2019 GONEboarding.co.uk