Another New Board Post - Calling all Jones riders.

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   SnoWeasel   On:   Wednesday 02/01/2019 @ 18:35 Show Newest First    
SnoWeasel
Cornwall
  #2  Another New Board Post - Calling all Jones riders.  Posted 02/01/2019 @ 18:35
Hey one and all.

Looking at getting either the Jones Mountain Twin or Explorer, but can't quite decide which... I would class myself as an intermediate (10 weeks over a half a dozen years + snowdomes) that doesn't care much for the Park, but I like to have a bit of fun on and off piste, as well as a good few bombing runs.

Currently leaning towards the MT, because i want to improve my switch riding (suck at it right now) and think it can still handle the slightly more freeride all mountain nature of my trips, but wondering what others think? I know the Explorer is a very highly rated board too.

Finally, being 6ft tall, around 75kg (slender build), with UK size 9 boot and enjoying the mountain more than the park, what would people think is right in terms of board length?

MT - 157 or 160?
Explorer - 159?

What are peoples thoughts?
Thanks in advance everyone.

Cheers
Al
          Reload  Top
meth mouth
London
  #3  Re: Another New Board Post - Calling all Jones riders.  Posted 05/01/2019 @ 17:09
In reply to post #2...
Howdy and welcome!

I own an explorer and for what you're describing its the obvious choice. The MT is great if you want to add that freestyle element to your mountain riding but just for switch I wouldn't bother. The explorer can switch quite well and is pretty good at jumps, its all down to your technique and experience. I've ridden the MT too and its a nice ride but the explorer is the dogs....
          Reload  Top
SnoWeasel
Cornwall
  #4  Re: Another New Board Post - Calling all Jones riders.  Posted 06/01/2019 @ 19:09
In reply to post #3...
Hey Meth, thanks for the feedback.

I may be guilty of trying too hard to get a jack of all trades board, even though realistically i wont touch the park to any great degree. So you may be spot on with Explorer shout. Carving, speed and powder are what i'm all about and the Explorer seems to nail those (for my level at least).

I'm upgrading from a 2012 K2 Lifelike, so an Explorer should help me up my game on so many levels.

Thanks again.
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- EasyJet £10 carriage for sports equipment.
- last minute .... les 2 alpes 16-23 March
- Last Minute Powder Trip Junkies!
- Bindings too big? Please help!
- Rear toe overhang on freeride board
- Best ladies beginner board?
- Courchevel off piste snowboard guide recommendations
- Tignes. Help!!
- Very last minute 23rd or 24th Feb for a week ..... Italy or Austria
- Accommodation Europe
- Looking to go away 9th/10th March
- Heading to Chatel 10 March 2018
- Canada Advice Please!
- Snowbombing festival 2019
- Foot problems
- Heading to whistler!
- Win Nitro Team Board, gloves, L1 Breach Beanie , Tilopa Elite Bundle and 1-Day Session with Lorenz Holder as a snow athlete
- Nitro magnum vs Korua Tranny finder..
- Snowboarding is Scotland
- Need help with choosing between 3 bindings
Get our Newsletter
Your E-mail Address
More Details
Find us on Facebook
© 2001-2019 GONEboarding.co.uk