Advanced boarder looking to go away in March

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   CatInHat   On:   Thursday 18/01/2018 @ 22:44 Show Newest First    
CatInHat
Buckinghamshire
  #1  Advanced boarder looking to go away in March  Posted 18/01/2018 @ 22:44
Hi!

I'm an advanced level rider looking for people to go away with in March. Happy riding anything at all - messing about on blues and reds to steep and deep powder lines through trees and park laps etc.

I love to grab a few beers for apres or head out for dinner, but not one for clubbing until the small hours: I'd rather be fresh in the morning and ride hard.

PM me if you've got any spaces or want to try to book up anything. I live in Milton Keynes if you're riding the dome and want to meet up.

Scott
          Reload  Top
rbw2baks
East Sussex
  #2  Re: Advanced boarder looking to go away in March  Posted 21/01/2018 @ 20:49
In reply to post #1...
Hi Scott, given the relentless amount of snow Europe seems to be getting I'm trying to maximise my snow time this season! I've done a couple of seasons in Whistler and try to get out to Les Deux Alpes glacier most summers. I have a couple of mates who are considering it but they're pretty flakey given family commitments. Hence i thought I'd do quick google... and here I am! I'll ride anywhere or anything but preference is steep powder or park, or if in a group happy to hit the pistes. Cheers, Rob
          Reload  Top
russdavison
Northamptonshire
  #3  Re: Advanced boarder looking to go away in March  Posted 23/01/2018 @ 19:33
In reply to post #2...
Hi Scott
I am interested in developing new snowboarding mates I can ride pretty much everything I like offpiste and enjoy apre ski ride a Jones Flagship and live in Northampton I am 53 but stay pretty fit other interests include rugby and Motorsports.
My favorite resort is Obertauern.
Msg with more details of your planned trip.
mobile 07908787670
Regards
Russ
          Reload  Top
Flinnster
Surrey
  #4  Re: Advanced boarder looking to go away in March  Posted 23/01/2018 @ 23:48
In reply to post #3...
Probably best to keep your mobile number off the (public readable) forum and send it over in a private message Russ

But Scott, Rob, Russ - you all sound similar in terms of boarding interests, it would be good to meet up at a UK snowdome sometime to chat about a possible trip
For Sale:
- HangTime Snowboard Wall Mounts in black or white colours. £25 including UK postage. Just send me a message, or see the classifieds section!
- Giro Basis Goggles (White frame, black strap, gold flowers design, gold / amber lens) £75. See the classifieds section for photos!
          Reload  Top
russdavison
Northamptonshire
  #5  Re: Advanced boarder looking to go away in March  Posted 30/01/2018 @ 17:54
In reply to post #4...
Good point re phone really keen to develop new snowboarding mates so yes keen to meet up can do MK but also willing to go further
          Reload  Top
Gizmo_27
County Antrim
  #6  Re: Advanced boarder looking to go away in March  Posted 03/02/2018 @ 16:34
Guys bit like yourseleves, looking to develop some snowboard mates, all my mates are into the sun holidays, i just love the slopes, i am heading to Mayrhofen on 10th march for week if anyone is interested in that
          Reload  Top
PowderPup
Hampshire
  #7  Re: Advanced boarder looking to go away in March  Posted 04/02/2018 @ 18:55
Revision #1 (Last edited: 04/02/2018 @ 18:55)
In reply to post #6...
Birds of a feather and all that.

Just back from first Powder sortie. Heli Ski conditions from the lifts again.

Myself, it's about Powder and getting the best experience for as little £ $ or Euro as possibe.

This means scruitinising weather forecast's, keeping dates open, driving to the mountains, self catering, sharing costs and being flexible.

The issue is always fellow team mates to be onboard. So if anyone here want's in then PM and hopefully another mission will be forth coming once the School holidays in Europe are out of the way.

Flinster on here is my usual partner in crime but to really get the cost's down we need atleast one more like minded sole to jump aboard the Powder bus.
Snowboarding ruined my life
          Reload  Top
NickE
  #8  Re: Advanced boarder looking to go away in March  Posted 08/02/2018 @ 16:17
I'm looking to do something in March, so might be interested. Happy with anything: piste, off-piste, park - it's all good.
          Reload  Top
Flinnster
Surrey
  #9  Re: Advanced boarder looking to go away in March  Posted 26/02/2018 @ 23:00
In reply to post #8...
A video edit of our latest trip:

If you want to be in on the next one, get in touch
For Sale:
- HangTime Snowboard Wall Mounts in black or white colours. £25 including UK postage. Just send me a message, or see the classifieds section!
- Giro Basis Goggles (White frame, black strap, gold flowers design, gold / amber lens) £75. See the classifieds section for photos!
          Reload  Top
winni
London
  #10  Re: Advanced boarder looking to go away in March  Posted 28/02/2018 @ 09:21
Revision #1 (Last edited: 28/02/2018 @ 09:23)
In reply to post #7...
Is there a trip leaving 2/3/4 March that I can join?
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- Boarding in China
- HOLY SH1T IT'S BACK!! :)
- Les Trois Vallees Feb 22- March 2nd 2019
- Yes Ghost vs Jones All Mountain Twin: Board Length Advice
- Pale Snowboards - What's the crack?
- Snowboard Binding Survey
- Banff Canada
- Breckenridge March 2019 - Anyone looking for Accommodation Share ?
- Best board for carving/ charging hard
- Laax end of Jan
- New Board-sports apparel brand | Fotans Collective | Please support
- Chamrousse Feb 2018
- Values&Voices. Athletes as advocates for pro-environmental behavior - A research project
- FOR SALE: Zardoz Low-Fluoro Iron-On Race Wax
- With wise binding offset.
- Hemel Hemstead meetup / Ben Nevis Feb 09
- test
- Lib Tech Skate Banana sizing
- New members.
- Why did you start snowbording?
Get our Newsletter
Your E-mail Address
More Details
Find us on Facebook
© 2001-2018 GONEboarding.co.uk