28 F, beginner, looking for snowboard buddy to go to Hemel or MK

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   jojobunny8510   On:   Monday 18/02/2013 @ 16:05 Show Newest First    
jojobunny8510
East Sussex
  #1  28 F, beginner, looking for snowboard buddy to go to Hemel or MK  Posted 18/02/2013 @ 16:05
Hi guys!

I'm new to this. I live in south east and recently got back into snowboarding again. It's been years since i boarded but have been practicing at my nearest local dry ski slope 2-3 times a week for the last 6 weeks to get back into it.
I'm off to to andorra in 2 weeks but when i get back i would like to continue boarding and am looking for a buddy.. I dont mind what level but i would still class myself as a beginner.
The nearest indoor snow centre to me will be MK or Hemel and it'll have to be weekends at it takes couple of hours to get there

I was also thinking of signing up the 1 day beginner course on freestyle. They have a spaces in Hemel on 23-24th march.

If you're interested give me a hola

Jojo
xx
          Reload  Top
JuZ
West Sussex
  #2  Re: 28 F, beginner, looking for snowboard buddy to go to Hemel or MK  Posted 18/02/2013 @ 18:36
In reply to post #1...
I pop up from time to time, but I'm probably not that close to you in neighbouring W Sussex.
          Reload  Top
jojobunny8510
East Sussex
  #3  Re: 28 F, beginner, looking for snowboard buddy to go to Hemel or MK  Posted 18/02/2013 @ 19:03
In reply to post #2...
Hey

Well Hemel are doing this 1 or 2 day freestyle coaching. Next one is on 23/24 march found it on www.definitioncamps.com
          Reload  Top
nox120
London
  #4  Re: 28 F, beginner, looking for snowboard buddy to go to Hemel or MK  Posted 21/02/2013 @ 17:20
In reply to post #3...
Hey Jojo,

I'd be up for coming along, I'm about 30-40 minutes away from Hemel so I ride there as often as I can.

I only got back into snowboarding start of last year so I'd say I'm beginner to intermediate but definitely want to work my freestyle so let me know

I'm 27 by the way (not that age matters on the snow!)
          Reload  Top
Alfie
Buckinghamshire
  #5  Re: 28 F, beginner, looking for snowboard buddy to go to Hemel or MK  Posted 10/03/2013 @ 09:47
In reply to post #1...
I'm pretty close to both and looking to improve my skills and start freestylin!!! : )

Just got back from a week away, and got the bug big time! I'll get down a red happy enough, but hate moguls, think my ability could cope with them if my confidence didn't let me down! Tried a couple of blacks on the last trip, think I managed 6 carves between the heel edge, so need to sort that before next season!

Just be happy to meet another boarder, none of my girls do, despite my best efforts! : )

Xx
          Reload  Top
sd249
  #6  Re: 28 F, beginner, looking for snowboard buddy to go to Hemel or MK  Posted 10/03/2013 @ 09:57
In reply to post #5...
Maverix are doing some girls only freestyle courses at the minute, riding with girls and a girl coach etc.

http://www.maverix.org/just-chicks/
          Reload  Top
jojobunny8510
East Sussex
  #7  Re: 28 F, beginner, looking for snowboard buddy to go to Hemel or MK  Posted 11/03/2013 @ 19:35
In reply to post #6...
Hey yes saw this and i'm tempted to go for this sunday 17th march
          Reload  Top
Capone
  #8  Re: 28 F, beginner, looking for snowboard buddy to go to Hemel or MK  Posted 11/03/2013 @ 21:44
In reply to post #1...
If you're ever coming over the MK feel free to hit me up (mostly Thursdays!)

Let me know how the Definition course works out, i've been tempted to book on to one but with quite a few different people doing them, would be good to get some feedback
K2 Parkstar 11/12 | Union Contact Pro 12/13 | Ride Anthem Boa 11/12
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
  Featured Websites
  TheSnowboardAsylum : The Snowboard Asylum – The UK’s largest range of snowboard hardware and outerwear, from brands including Burton, YES, Bataleon, Jones, Slash and loads more.
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- Bansko new year
- Serre Chevalier
- Snowbombing 2015 - anybody going alone?
- Cervinia December 2014
- Bristol based boarders?
- Resort Recommendations for N America in Jan
- Hi i'm new
- Red Mountain/Whitewater..
- Experience with 4 weeks snowboard camp in Whistler
- Southerners, Minibus to Hemel?
- Raven boards
- SR : HokkaidOH! 2013/14
- What do you think about flexible sunglasses
- 1 or 2 spaces to fill
- Beware HolidaySafe Insurance!