2 spots available - Val Thorens 19-26th Jan 2019

| Add a new Post...
Post By
  Thread Started By:   deepfriedbrain   On:   Wednesday 21/11/2018 @ 20:11 Show Newest First    
deepfriedbrain
Aberdeenshire
  #1  2 beds spare - £170pp - Val Thorens 19-26th Jan 2019  Posted 21/11/2018 @ 20:11
Revision #2 (Last edited: 06/01/2019 @ 11:57)
**EDITED TO SAY - these spots are still available, now only £170pp accommodation only!! Super cheap flights available with Jet2 Birmingham to Geneva inc luggage for £114! **

I’ve had one person *pretty much* drop out of a group holiday we have booked, though I’m getting confirmation this weekend on whether they are definitely out or not (it seems likely).. however, silver lining, it could be an opportunity to meet new friends!

This is the apartment we have booked: https://www.luxvacation.com/Val-Thorens/Apartment-Nelspruit - based on 9 sharing, it works out at £370pp, if we can also fill the 10th bed it drops to £335pp. Includes WiFi, end of stay clean, all linen, and access to pool and sauna. Ski in access, 300m to nearest lifts.

We have 3 couples, a single female and a single male. All 5 bedrooms sleep 2 people - either in twins or doubles (no bunks!!). As things stand, we have a free bed in both a ‘female’ twin room and a ‘male’ twin room, but if that doesn’t suit for any reason then potentially my partner and I are happy to buddy up with our single pals and so free up a twin room for a couple or two friends.

Everyone is around the 30 mark - mix of skiers and boarders, range of abilities. Social bunch but not planning on wild nights out as want to make the most of the snow. Will plan to do mainly self catering in the evenings - I’m happy to do the cooking providing people chip in for the food shop.

We’ve paid the deposit on the accommodation, balance to be paid by 5th December, planning to book bus transfers at the same time. Most of us are in the Scottish Highlands and will be flying Aberdeen-Geneva. There may be a cheap flight available if you pay the name change fee on the drop-out’s flight - I think £120 - but would need to confirm.

Let me know if you’re interested or have any questions.

Cheers,

Amy
          Reload  Top
deepfriedbrain
Aberdeenshire
  #2  Re: 2 spots available - Val Thorens 19-26th Jan 2019  Posted 02/12/2018 @ 18:22
In reply to post #1...
Just to update - the drop out is now confirmed, so we have up to two spots available on our trip to VT in January.

Drop out has accepted the hit of the £200 deposit they paid on the accommodation, so to improve the chances of filling the beds, we’ll take £100pp off the cost of the accommodation, ie a 9th person would pay £270 instead of £370, and a 10th person would pay £235 instead of £335.

Get in touch if you’re interested!

Cheers,

Amy
          Reload  Top
Longtom
Cumbria
  #3  Re: 2 spots available - Val Thorens 19-26th Jan 2019  Posted 24/12/2018 @ 08:41
In reply to post #1...
Hi! Is this still available? I'd be interested in the spot in male room if so. There's a possibility that my gf could also be interested but she lives in the US so logistically that's a bit complex

New to the forum. Desperate for snow, haven't ridden since walking out of my last chalet host job in early 2016. Two seasons experience beyond that, I'd be very happy to cook some days.
          Reload  Top
deepfriedbrain
Aberdeenshire
  #4  Re: 2 spots available - Val Thorens 19-26th Jan 2019  Posted 24/12/2018 @ 11:15
In reply to post #3...
Hey! Thanks for your interest

Yes still available - you’d be sharing with one other guy, and he’s sound as a pound (but if unfortunately a skier..!). There are also 3 couples and a solo female - so you’d be our 9th person. Wouldn’t be a problem if your girlfriend wanted to join - ideally she’d be ok sharing with the solo female but if it’s a deal breaker we could probably give you a room to yourselves - but this trip is my 30th birthday present from my fiancé and I’d prefer to room share with him if possible!

At this stage in the trip booking you’d need to pay for the full amount for accommodation - based on 9 sharing you’d be due £270. You’d also have to arrange your own transfer(s)/flights etc - there is one spare seat on the return leg to Geneva in the private shuttle we have booked (be about £50) but no space on the way out unfortunately.

Let me know if you have any other queries and I’ll back to you ASAP.

Cheers,

Amy
          Reload  Top
deepfriedbrain
Aberdeenshire
  #5  Re: 2 spots available - Val Thorens 19-26th Jan 2019  Posted 30/12/2018 @ 09:20
Revision #1 (Last edited: 30/12/2018 @ 10:50)
In reply to post #2...
Just to say these spots are still available if anyone is interested

Edited to say - since we're keen to fill the spot, we could take the cost down to £170 for the accommodation (based on one person joining us)
          Reload  Top
Ph11ll
  #6  Re: 2 spots available - Val Thorens 19-26th Jan 2019  Posted 02/01/2019 @ 08:30
In reply to post #5...

QUOTE (deepfriedbrain - 30/12/2018 @ 09:20)

Just to say these spots are still available if anyone is interested

Edited to say - since we're keen to fill the spot, we could take the cost down to £170 for the accommodation (based on one person joining us)

Hi Amy
Only just seen your reply, really keen on getting away for the snow. All sounds good, how many spaces are available? I’m really easy going so quite happy with anything. I’ll have a look at flights which should be easy, accommodation looks good, only thing that might be a problem is transfers but will look in to that. Who are your transfers with?
Phil
          Reload  Top
deepfriedbrain
Aberdeenshire
  #7  Re: 2 spots available - Val Thorens 19-26th Jan 2019  Posted 02/01/2019 @ 09:40
In reply to post #6...
Hey Phil,

Great stuff! We have 2 beds available - one female space in a female twin room, and one male space in a male twin room. Based on 9 sharing, the price per bed would have been £370pp, but the person who dropped out has already paid £200 deposit so the balance on that bed is only £170. If we can fill the 10th/last bed, that’d be a bonus as it means the rest of the group would get a wee bit of money back - so we can do that bed for £170 too as it’s the same as what you’d be paying.

Re: transfers, we have a private shuttle booked with Mountain Express - there would be one seat available on the VT-Geneva journey but not on the outbound (as one of our party is returning a day early). Ben’s Bus or Altibus are probably your best bet for coach tickets? From memory, I think you’re about £90pp return on the coach, and works out about the same if you want to do coach out/private shuttle return.

I’ll PM you my number if you want to discuss further,

Cheers,

Amy
          Reload  Top
deepfriedbrain
Aberdeenshire
  #8  Re: 2 spots available - Val Thorens 19-26th Jan 2019  Posted 06/01/2019 @ 11:43
In reply to post #7...
These spots are still available - now £170pp - bargain!!
          Reload  Top
Subscribe using any feed reader!
Search the Forum
Advanced Search
Latest Posts Latest Active Threads RSS Feed
- Capita Quality??
- buying first gear
- Package or DIY
- What's my next board after 12 years on a Rome Anthem?
- EasyJet £10 carriage for sports equipment.
- last minute .... les 2 alpes 16-23 March
- Last Minute Powder Trip Junkies!
- Bindings too big? Please help!
- Rear toe overhang on freeride board
- Best ladies beginner board?
- Courchevel off piste snowboard guide recommendations
- Tignes. Help!!
- Very last minute 23rd or 24th Feb for a week ..... Italy or Austria
- Accommodation Europe
- Looking to go away 9th/10th March
- Heading to Chatel 10 March 2018
- Canada Advice Please!